WH-Heritage & East Robertson

MaroonManiac

QUOTE(naismith3 @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826378277[/snapback]I agree with Bluesbrother-- It is sad that the Heritage girls coach has not tried to develop the talent on that team. The coach did not stay for the senior reception and always leaves before the boys games start. I think he needs to go. A coach needs to have a better connection with the players, not to mention respect. No one respects him. The girls at Heritage have made it this far this season, not because of the coach, but because of the assistant caoch Cayce and because these girls have heart, and talent and want it so badly. I, for one, would like to thank Coach Cayce for her dedication and friendship to the girls and I think they will go far in spite of the head coach. GO Patriots!!!!

Its hard to develop talent when a player wont listen to you. They didnt respect him from day one and it was nothing he did. The only reason some of the fans dont like him is because they are in the "click" that goes by what everyone says and dont know the facts. And that night agaisnt McEwen a player was taken out of the game for deliberately not listening to the coach and throwing the ball in when they werent supposed to be the one doing it. He was a big help getting them where they are wether ne one wants to admit it or not. And this isnt a knock on the assistant coach but how long has she been there and they win district after coach davis second year at the school? And I guess many of the girls forget when he stood up for them and got them many of the same rights the guys team had like when it came to practice times. he saw that some things werent fair and he fought for his girls from day one. He got them 4th block basketball, a better locker room, and etc. and if everyones got such good reasons why he should be gone then y wasnt he fired?........ good luck girls keep on rollin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(allregionpatriot#3 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826385392[/snapback]Its hard to develop talent when a player wont listen to you. They didnt respect him from day one and it was nothing he did. The only reason some of the fans dont like him is because they are in the "click" that goes by what everyone says and dont know the facts. And that night agaisnt McEwen a player was taken out of the game for deliberately not listening to the coach and throwing the ball in when they werent supposed to be the one doing it. He was a big help getting them where they are wether ne one wants to admit it or not. And this isnt a knock on the assistant coach but how long has she been there and they win district after coach davis second year at the school? And I guess many of the girls forget when he stood up for them and got them many of the same rights the guys team had like when it came to practice times. he saw that some things werent fair and he fought for his girls from day one. He got them 4th block basketball, a better locker room, and etc. and if everyones got such good reasons why he should be gone then y wasnt he fired?........ good luck girls keep on rollin

YOUR CRAZY "coach" davis hasn't done squat for those girls he's a no good. Ever since he came to WHH he has put the all the programs in turmoil. No school ever should have to deal with a "coach" davis.the locker room was built the same time as the boys so it is very obivous that you don't know what you are talking about you think you know .You njust here what some one has told you.You don't know as much as u think get the facts before you have something to say.

First winning record,

first district tourney win,

first district tourney CHAMPIONSHIP,

first berth to a Regionals,

first Head basketball coach that actually wants to coach basketball here, (didn't see lots of other coaches knocking off the doors to get that job two yrs ago.)

the job of head basketball coach looks EASY when you sit in the stands for a few minutes each week during games.

girls are not EASY to coach.

ALL coaches have a "way " to get the job done,

This one IS getting the Job Done.

not all coaches are ALIKE.

tHE gRASS iS aLWAYS gREENER oN tHE oTHER sIDE oF tHE fENCE

RUNNING WILD: why dont you mind your own business? nuff said.

The only people out on the court are the same ones who have been there for 4 years. Wonder what they could have done with additional leadership from the bench. They have stuck it out. There have been many to quit over the years. The parents and principal and coach davis got 4th block basketball. I agree with Coach Charlie. Find a way to make it work!!!

NewBlue give the kids the credit they deserve. They have stink it up and gotten the job done. Give Coach Casey her due also.

As far as not giving respect to the Coach that is not true. If you have a problem with a player talk to them and then put them back in. Just letting them rot on the bench as you see a lead disappear is crazy. Commuication is his greatest downfall. The player in question is talented and high strung. They both need to find a way to make it work. As the adult and the one getting the monies to coach that is his job.

I wish Coach Davis, Coach Casy and the entire Patriot team the best of luck. The good teams are those who fight through adversity. I believe this team can get it done. I hope they can believe it too!!

QUOTE(NeWbLuE @ Feb 23 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826386178[/snapback]First winning record,

first district tourney win,

first district tourney CHAMPIONSHIP,

first berth to a Regionals,

first Head basketball coach that actually wants to coach basketball here, (didn't see lots of other coaches knocking off the doors to get that job two yrs ago.)

the job of head basketball coach looks EASY when you sit in the stands for a few minutes each week during games.

girls are not EASY to coach.

ALL coaches have a "way " to get the job done,

This one IS getting the Job Done.

not all coaches are ALIKE.

tHE gRASS iS aLWAYS gREENER oN tHE oTHER sIDE oF tHE fENCE

RUNNING WILD: why dont you mind your own business? nuff said.

Your crazy you don't know anything the reason they won is bc of their talent thats it. There coach hasn't done nething 4 them. Ask someone who has coached them for almost half the pracfices when davis decided not to show up. Ill tell you it was one of the players. Also after the win at Jo Byrns he did'nt even feel the need to go into the locker and talk to his girls, nope he didn't even tell kasey that he was leaving he just up and left the girls wut the heck do you call that. Why don't you ask of the players wut a normal day of practice consists of bc you've obviously never witnessed wut goes on it's a joke. Nuff said "coach" davis is a JOKE oh yeah and keep your mouth shut new blue Oh and while your at it why don't you remove your lips from davis' ***

QUOTE(runningwild @ Feb 23 2007 - 03:21 PM) 826386226[/snapback]Your crazy you don't know anything the reason they won is bc of their talent thats it. There coach hasn't done nething 4 them. Ask someone who has coached them for almost half the pracfices when davis decided not to show up. Ill tell you it was one of the players. Also after the win at Jo Byrns he did'nt even feel the need to go into the locker and talk to his girls, nope he didn't even tell kasey that he was leaving he just up and left the girls wut the heck do you call that. Why don't you ask of the players wut a normal day of practice consists of bc you've obviously never witnessed wut goes on it's a joke. Nuff said "coach" davis is a JOKE oh yeah and keep your mouth shut new blue Oh and while your at it why don't you remove your lips from davis' ***

wow you hit this one right on the top of the head. that game (jo byrns) was a hard fought game, the players were excited and knew they had played togther ALL 10 players played that night and it was the hardest mental game they have played in a while. so i would think that after a game like that a coach would come in (even if he lost is voice) could give them a smile, pat on the back, even a thumbs up. but NO he left never said good game and the girls were left to sit in the locker room wondering well does he even care? we just played our hearts out and our COACH the one who is suppose to praise them after they played that game the way they did was not there. sounds like a crappy coach to me. and yeah he might of fought fought for equal rights for the girls as the boys had, but this year the boys coach has been there for the girls emotionaly when davis' bs has almost tore this team apart he needs to be praising the gods above half the team didn't walk earlier in the season. and allregion what "click" are you talking about? like running wild are you talking about the "click" who doesn't stink up to davis night after night, the "click" that sit there and believe all his lies about how he cares for his girls. i sit up in those stands every game and i am enraged becasue of the crap he pulls. coach cayce has made some been there this year when coach d has came up with a game plan that is absolutly ludicris and she has said hey look that won't work maybe this will. he just seems like he pulls something out of his butt and says well hey this might work, lets run a defense that we have never run before in a game or a zone, we can use this game as practice becasue i wouldn't want to actually practice a game plan in practice. wrap-a-rounds and two line lay up 4 times a day is all we need. i would love to know what goes on in his head because these girls are strong and i have no idea how they put up with him but this only makes them a stronger TEAM they are awesome and have made it this far as a TEAM OF PLAYERS......good luck lady pats in rnd 2 and hope there are many more to come This stuff really doesn't even matter really cause it all about the girls on the court.

And New Blue I don't think Davis was even coaching when he came to WH. I wish him the best.

QUOTE(HeritagePunter @ Feb 19 2007 - 01:41 AM) 826378821[/snapback]In regards to Coach Davis leaving before the game. A lot of people forget or just plain dont know that for quite a few weeks back in the fall he was sick to the point where he was almost on his death bed. He's still workin on getting his energy back, thats why he doesnt stay for the guys games. The girls games take a lot out of him, and some times its all he can do to stay for the girls. I've heard him get a lot of criticism for the ways he coaches. Remember though, before he started coaching these girls never even thought winning a District tourney game, let alone playing in the Distric Championship. I know it does help that you have the two leading scorers in the County in Chelsea Hannah and Brandi Redding, but I think he deserves a little bit more credit. A lot of people can sit on the sidelines or in the stands and coach, but it takes something special to apply what you know on the court. I definately thought that he could've treated the McEwen game a little differently, but still its not our spot to say whether he's a bad coach or not. I think the girls on this team have developed their talents, I remember a time when they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat. Thats not the same case anymore. I know Coach Davis has stressed game experience and the girls scrimmage a lot. They've developed as a team, and I think it helps with Coach Singer being a younger woman and she relates well with these girls and keeps them together as a team. Also, leadership from Nat, Brandi, Shorter, Hannah, and freshman Shelby Ray steppin up has developed this team. I think all together they have a great package. With the exception of maybe some personnel trouble every once in a while. I think Davis does a pretty good job....

I am sorry that Davis has been sick...he looks to be well now, though. How tiring is it to sit on a bleacher and watch a game? All the boys coaches have been there and supported the girls team. It just looks so bad to see a "Coach" leaving the gym after a game while another one is starting. He teaches alot of those boys and he does not even pretend to support them. It infuriates me to see him leave. Oh and it will be interesting to see if he is at the gym tonight to support the boys team against Eagleville. Maybe Newblue will use speed dial and remind him of the game. Should be interesting to see...since he has not used all his energy (ha) coaching(ha) the girls today!!!