District 9AAA Tournament

timbdp

QUOTE(ballfan @ Feb 11 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826367010[/snapback]

1 bye

2 VS 7

3 vs 6

4 vs 5

Using the matchups given by ballfan and records given on this site, this would translate to:

1 Mt. Juliet - bye

2 Wilson Central vs. 7 Hendersonville

3 Smyrna vs. 6 LaVergne

4 Beech vs. 5 Gallatin

Is this correct?

Using the matchups given by ballfan and records given on this site, this would translate to:

1 Mt. Juliet - bye

2 Wilson Central vs. 7 Hendersonville

3 Smyrna vs. 6 LaVergne

4 Beech vs. 5 Gallatin

pretty sure it is -- also from other sources i've seen,too

great teams --- where is the tourney being held?

other districts are having a play in game for the 6 and 7 teams -- and one and two get a bye -- has your district talked about doing this at some point?

FYI - There is a subforum for tournaments hosted by jim314 at the top of the Girls Basketball posts that will be a great resource once completely filled in - I used it last year quite a bit

Website is www.jim314.com

Beech is the home for both District 9AAA and Region 5 tourneys.

Beech/Gallatin; Smyrna/LaVergne best opening round games...especially Beech on home groumd - could make the semi's with MJ interesting.

MJ because of District set-up is already into Region 5, would love some thoughts on 10AAA - other than Clarksville-North East any spoilers out there?

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Feb 11 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826367274[/snapback]

FYI - There is a subforum for tournaments hosted by jim314 at the top of the Girls Basketball posts that will be a great resource once completely filled in - I used it last year quite a bit

Website is www.jim314.com

Beech is the home for both District 9AAA and Region 5 tourneys.

Beech/Gallatin; Smyrna/LaVergne best opening round games...especially Beech on home ground - could make the semi's with MJ interesting.

MJ because of District set-up is already into Region 5, would love some thoughts on 10AAA - other than Clarksville-North East any spoilers out there?

Looking at Region bracketology, and with due respect to District 10AAA, looks like 9AAA #2 has an easier path to Region final...

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Feb 11 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826367453[/snapback]

Looking at Region bracketology, and with due respect to District 10AAA, looks like 9AAA #2 has an easier path to Region final...

Yes they should. If WC beats Smyrna in the second round and and Play MJ in the finals, whoever wins between MJ and WC will have to play Smyrna in the second round of the Region. The runner up will play either Beech or Clarksville NE. I'm doing some assuming but if everyone wins who should, that is what will happen. I think I'd rather play CNE than Smyrna again.

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Feb 11 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826367510[/snapback]

Yes they should. If WC beats Smyrna in the second round and and Play MJ in the finals, whoever wins between MJ and WC will have to play Smyrna in the second round of the Region. The runner up will play either Beech or Clarksville NE. I'm doing some assuming but if everyone wins who should, that is what will happen. I think I'd rather play CNE than Smyrna again.

I agree, I still think district 9aaa is the best district in the midstate, but playing district 10aaa is really a huge advantage instead of the way district 7aaa has to play 8aaa in the regions. Riverdale beat the top team out of 10aaa by almost 30 points.

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Feb 11 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826367510[/snapback]

1st Round Pick

WC wins over H'ville

Beech wins over "Poor Gallatin"

Lavergne upset win over Smyrna