Let the talk begin....

UCPatriotCoach

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(UCPatriotCoach @ Feb 11 2007 - 07:44 PM) 826367716[/snapback]

7:43 PM EST Brackets are done!!!!!! Let's hear the talk begin.

215 lbs class Morgan #1 seed over Coffey #2 seed. Morgan was the Division 1 189lb 2006 champion and Coffey 215lb 2005 and 2006 Division 2 champion so it seems like Coffey would be #1 seed unless preference is given to Division 1 champion at a lower weight class. Just curious as I read the TSSAA seeding guidelines and it did make reference to preference of TN state champs over out of state champs but nothing about Division 1 over Division 2. Looks like a tough class with Letner and Coffey on the same side then Morgan waiting on the winner.. that is of course if tournament seedings pan out.

Possible Matchups to watch

112: Jadoobirsingh (Cleveland) and Stewart (Soddy)

119: Brett (Soddy) and Harless (Karns)

125: Myers (Greenville) and Graham (Bradley)

135: Winesburgh (Soddy) and Yates (Mt. Juliet)/Farinella (Farrigut)

189: Roberson (Soddy) and Marcum (Franklin Road Acadmey)

Hall (Maryville) and Quick (Tullahoma)

285: Zimmerman (Soddy) and Murray (Science Hill)

most of these are interesting to me, and some may be push overs but, these seem to be some huge first and maybe second round matches.

QUOTE(slowstart @ Feb 11 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826367757[/snapback]

215 lbs class Morgan #1 seed over Coffey #2 seed. Morgan was the Division 1 189lb 2006 champion and Coffey 215lb 2005 and 2006 Division 2 champion so it seems like Coffey would be #1 seed unless preference is given to Division 1 champion at a lower weight class. Just curious as I read the TSSAA seeding guidelines and it did make reference to preference of TN state champs over out of state champs but nothing about Division 1 over Division 2. Looks like a tough class with Letner and Coffey on the same side then Morgan waiting on the winner.. that is of course if tournament seedings pan out.

I just checked the brackets again and changes are being made to the 171lb and 215lb brackets...so my question might be answered...new brackets for those two weight classes won't be posted until Monday morning.

QUOTE(Wrestler12 @ Feb 11 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826367806[/snapback]

well looking at that possible matchups to watch i dont think jadoboorsingh and stewart will be that great, im pretty sure stewart will get pinned in the 1st period.

i dont think so. i would be willing to wager on that.stew may get beat but pinned in the 1st round please.