best sophmore in chattanooga

DA BOSS

QUOTE(3810 @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826396167[/snapback]Can you say ballhog. The only passing lane Cook can see is the one with Moore in it. I watched CCS play a few times this year. Cook and Moore feed off each other. CCS lost games this year because Moore would not play team ball. I'll bet he had as many turn overs per game as buckets made. Being a good Basketball player has alot more to it than scoring.

I really beg to differ. There are tons of reasons why CCS lost the games it did, but ballhogs were not the main problem for the Chargers.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen Cook and William Moore do infact play for the Tennessee Travelers who is a Nike sponsored team and they play in some of the top tournaments in the summer. The reason it seems as if Stephen only passes William the ball is because they have been best friends since kindergarden and they have been playin with each other for a while and Stephen feels confortable with passing William the ball a little bit more b/c William is a big man that can run the floor and get easy lay ups.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 3 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826398387[/snapback]If we were betting I'd be making money.

What Moore and Cook needed to to be aware of is, they were not playing aau ball they were playing school ball and they need to play with team their on. I still say moore and even cook may have had as many turn overs per game as baskets made. trying to drive in and force the shot when you are double teamed, taking and missing the shot and loosing the ball when moore could have passed the ball to three other open players is a turn over, not to mention the walks and double dribbles they had. their selfishness cost the TEAM

QUOTE(basketballman741 @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826394665[/snapback]look at everyone ur tlkin bout mostly private school kids and the public school kid yall said is tall u wont really kno who the best sophmore now is until they all get older because its alot harder to score against the red banks and howards how much did william moore and stephen cook put up against howard ? jeremy sexton is the the best but alot of guys in the public schools are gettin overlooked I mean if i got to shoot all the shots for my team i could score 30 a game too

I do believe only one private school kid was mentioned.. nice one

QUOTE(Coach Trey @ Mar 4 2007 - 05:54 PM) 826399592[/snapback]Please make me understand why you feel Stephen Cook is selfish when he only takes about 5 shots a game ? Haha you must really be a joke with that one, he is the most unselfish person on the team, what are you talking about?

cook averaged about 10 pts. a game and i'm sure he wasn't 100% from the field. now who's the joke you can add can't you. i will give you this, he probably did have more assits than others on the team, but most points do. i still say moore's unwillingness to pass the ball back out to open shooters and cook's lack of finding the rest of team cost them games. too many turn overs!

I am Stephen's cousin and I know his game well. There were a couple times in the season where Stephen shot the ball more than 5 and he didn't average around 10 points more around 7 or 8. I am not sure who you are or how many games you went to this year, but Stephen found everyone on the court not just William. Mario Hill and Logan O'Dell were his key outside shooters and he found them alot and James Jones and Tyler Smith were the people he looked for in the mid range game. The only passes Stephen really gave William were the ones on the fastbreak, but Stephen found everyone on the court b/c he knows there is more to the team than himself and William.

QUOTE(athomp54 @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:47 AM) 826400425[/snapback]I believe there is a kid from baylor who is invincible on the court. I cant think of his last name i just heard people say Noba D.

let me know if anybody could find out his last name.

The only baylor sophomore that played this year was Zane gibson.. so i guess ur talkin about him.. the other sophomores for them were stuck behind the seniors and should come out next year w something to prove