District 8AA Tournament at Goodpasture

timbdp

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier is the 'sleeper,' having won 5 of their last 6 games. Big shots (and FTs) made at critical times have been the reason. Even though we have a weak post game and no rebounders, some seniors are finally stepping up.

As for GP, Kelsey Cartwright's athleticism can 'carry' them. Better play good 'D' on her and also defend the 3-shot. If not, well, softball awaits.

Go Lady Cats!

QUOTE(wally @ Feb 15 2007 - 04:55 PM) 826373394[/snapback]

How are GHS's injuries from the JPII game?

GHS is Greenbrier High School. A public school. And we haven't played JPII in a while, so we'd be healed up by now.

You must be talkin' 'bout GCS, or Goodpasture Christian School. It's funny. I see some of their sports clothing and they say "GHS" on 'em. Makes me wonder: What are they promoting?

Davidson Academy does the same thing: Leaves out the word 'Christian,' although people there 'say' it's a Christian school. Hmmm? If I were in charge, I'd make sure the word 'Christian' was in, and on, all so-called 'school marketing.'

Just my two cents.

God bless and have a GREAT day!

QUOTE(5-Sport Dad @ Feb 13 2007 - 08:36 AM) 826369910[/snapback]

Greenbrier is the 'sleeper,' having won 5 of their last 6 games. Big shots (and FTs) made at critical times have been the reason. Even though we have a weak post game and no rebounders, some seniors are finally stepping up.

As for GP, Kelsey Cartwright's athleticism can 'carry' them. Better play good 'D' on her and also defend the 3-shot. If not, well, softball awaits.

Go Lady Cats!

Shoulda said 'no post game' and 'only one' senior stepped up, when it counted the most.

Told ya! She had 27 and could've easily scored more. Thanks, Kels, for being such a great young lady (best sportsmanship I've ever witnessed while kickin' somebody's butt) and such a 'go-to' player. Don't quit. God has blessed you with too much talent.

Yes, it does. Can't wait!

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826374557[/snapback]

Greenbriers coach is excellent. If he can out coach the other team then the bobcats will win.

Really? Is this him?

Well, at least we can go back and watch the guys play tomorrow night (what a comeback!). That's at least some solace.

Greenbrier was on a roll the last couple of weeks and shouldn't have had much problem with Goodpasture, but as they say, that's why they play the games. Goodpasture and Cartwright stepped it up with a big game when they needed it the most. Not sure who thinks the Greenbrier coach is a good coach.

# 6 Goodpasture vs. # 2 Station Camp and # 4 DCA vs. # 1 White House on slate for tonight. Certainly hope the officiating is better tonight. The two crews that called yesterday were among the most pitiful I've seen all season long. It was ridiculous.