District 9A Semi-Final Action

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs down in you alls area always seem to call it rough. No disrespect to the refs cuz it's a hard job, but you can't call it for one team and think no one notices. Used to refs took pride in their work. I don't know if anyone knew the ref they called moe but he was an older one and been around for a while, but he took pride in what he did. It seems like some of them are just out there to look good in their stripes. It might just be me,but doubt it.

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826374460[/snapback]

The refs down in you alls area always seem to call it rough. No disrespect to the refs cuz it's a hard job, but you can't call it for one team and think no one notices. Used to refs took pride in their work. I don't know if anyone knew the ref they called moe but he was an older one and been around for a while, but he took pride in what he did. It seems like some of them are just out there to look good in their stripes. It might just be me,but doubt it.

I think for the most part refs do a good job. i think with their line of work they get the bad end of the deal when it comes from the fans. They do make bad mistakes but with that when a ref makes a bad call it seems like any call they make after that gets blown out proportion by which ever teams fans it was called against. I would certainly suggest if someone is always on the refs for them to try and make the call. Alot of times the ref people are yelling at does not have that view or responsibility to make that call depending where it is at on the court. Overall they do a good job but you are always going to have your bad apples in every job or position.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826374469[/snapback]

I think for the most part refs do a good job. i think with their line of work they get the bad end of the deal when it comes from the fans. They do make bad mistakes but with that when a ref makes a bad call it seems like any call they make after that gets blown out proportion by which ever teams fans it was called against. I would certainly suggest if someone is always on the refs for them to try and make the call. Alot of times the ref people are yelling at does not have that view or responsibility to make that call depending where it is at on the court. Overall they do a good job but you are always going to have your bad apples in every job or position.

I have had the responsability and the pressure of being a ref. I know its tuff but some of the calls are bull, just cause they take personal anger from the crowd out on the players. One quarter you let ppl kill each other and play hard, then the next call touch fouls. I've seen it done to players to letting everyone else play rough and then call it tight on a certain person.

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826374549[/snapback]

I have had the responsability and the pressure of being a ref. I know its tuff but some of the calls are bull, just cause they take personal anger from the crowd out on the players. One quarter you let ppl kill each other and play hard, then the next call touch fouls. I've seen it done to players to letting everyone else play rough and then call it tight on a certain person.

Im not disagreeing with you. I have seen the same thing happen. Some refs are very inconsistent with their calls and some very good. Either way you are going to have good and bad. If you are a good team you should be able to overcome it. If a ref is the sole reason a team loses then the problem is the ref but most times you can find many reason why a team loses a game other than just being the refs fault.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826374590[/snapback]

Im not disagreeing with you. I have seen the same thing happen. Some refs are very inconsistent with their calls and some very good. Either way you are going to have good and bad. If you are a good team you should be able to overcome it. If a ref is the sole reason a team loses then the problem is the ref but most times you can find many reason why a team loses a game other than just being the refs fault.

O yeah I totally agree. But I've seen games were it was like the team was playing eight. And in games were the refs look bored and it's like they just want to hurry and get the game over and get paid.

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:20 PM) 826374608[/snapback]

O yeah I totally agree. But I've seen games were it was like the team was playing eight. And in games were the refs look bored and it's like they just want to hurry and get the game over and get paid.

lol very true. How long is the drive for you guys on the mountain to cascade? Do you have a son or daughter playing for either team. Should be a greaat boys game tonight. Hope its every bit as good as the two they have played this season.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826374614[/snapback]

lol very true. How long is the drive for you guys on the mountain to cascade? Do you have a son or daughter playing for either team. Should be a greaat boys game tonight. Hope its every bit as good as the two they have played this season.

It's about an hour and a half roughly. No do have have a son or daughter, right now i'm just another dedicated for VB. Should be two very good games tonight with our girls and boys playing cascade and MTCS.

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 16 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826374824[/snapback]

It's about an hour and a half roughly. No do have have a son or daughter, right now i'm just another dedicated for VB. Should be two very good games tonight with our girls and boys playing cascade and MTCS.

Good luck to all teams with safe travel as well.

Go Champs

I agree with all of your guys' posts and I am just saying it really stinks to see the team play hard and then get cheated by someone who wasnt playing in the first place. As far as I am concered the refs havent been good the whole season. I know it wasnt just last night I mean I understand refs making bad calls, we are all human, but sometimes all of them make bad calls the same night and it just feels like are playing eight against five. Good luck to Cascade and Van Buren.

Great boys game tonight between Cascade and Van Buren Co. Cascade led from the get go and never gave the lead up. The final score was 82-75 Cascade. Great team work tonight and I think the one fan got to see Brandon Hall dunk a few times as well tonight. Both teams played great and were great sports as well. Van Buren runs a first class program. Forrest- Cascade championship game tuesday night should be a great battle. The consolation game will be great as well. Keep you heads up Van Buren I think you will do well the rest of the way and in the regional tourney. Good luck to all teams .

Another great Cascade - VB game. its a shame one team had to lose. I could watch a Cascade - VB game every week and it would be like flipping a coin to see who would win. Every time we watch VB we become fans - great kids and coaches. Forrest is obviously a class program with 4 straight appearances in the championship game. Cascade vs. Forrest for the marbles just seems like the way it should be. We love Chase, Cory, Chandler and the rest of the Rockets - good luck on Tues. Go VB! Nothing personal against Eagleville, but just too much whining about the officials for me.