Crazy dad

The Lone Haranguer

QUOTE(TNLadyinCali @ Feb 14 2007 - 03:33 PM) 826371725[/snapback]

Ouch...., but it was a well executed reversal by the kid!

In my vaguest of memories, I do recall one father throwing his camera (completely busting it up) and chairs when his son was being beat by little Al Morris, and that was when Al and my big brother were tiny ity bity little tots. That means I was an even bittier tot!

may have been with a future Baylor state champ....if I remember correctly....

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kid wrestling can produce strange emotions for parents.I recall a kid tournament where one boy's father was standing 20 feet from the mat as his son was wrestling another little boy. the father was struck from behind by the other boys mother. The father was a very good former highschool and college athlete could have crushed his attacker, but he did nothing since he was a gentleman.However the father's x-wife came down from the stands and defended her x-husband by thumping the other lady....It was better than the kids' match.One of the boys became a state champion.I'll not tell the names unless authorized.

QUOTE(ijtx @ Feb 14 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826372079[/snapback]

I'll say this in another post, but paagraphs would do wonders for your posts.

Please try to edit your posts before posting. That only takes a second and means so much.

THAT IS EXACTLY MY TAKE ON THE VIDEO WITH THE SOUND TURNED DOWN...AND HONESTLY...I CAN'T SAY THAT I HAVEN'T FOUND MYSELF WANTING TO DO THE SAME THING...I'M JUST GLAD I HAVEN'T PUT MYSELF ON THE MAT...OTHERWISE IT COULD HAVE AS WELL BEEN ME IN THAT VIDEO...

QUOTE(humphreyssm @ Feb 14 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826372198[/snapback]

THAT IS EXACTLY MY TAKE ON THE VIDEO WITH THE SOUND TURNED DOWN...AND HONESTLY...I CAN'T SAY THAT I HAVEN'T FOUND MYSELF WANTING TO DO THE SAME THING...I'M JUST GLAD I HAVEN'T PUT MYSELF ON THE MAT...OTHERWISE IT COULD HAVE AS WELL BEEN ME IN THAT VIDEO...

Because of these sort of things, is why you need seasoned refs at these kid events. A seasoned ref would know if the kid was being hurt. And this is why parents and other fans don't need to be on the gym floor along the mat. That is why, as officials we try to keep mat side clear and fans in the seats. I know parents get mad at us, but it is for the safty of the wrestlers and so the other fans that stay in the stands, can see.