to the stronger or faster man.

But sooner or later the man who wins,

is the man who thinks he can.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Highlander @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826373062[/snapback]

Ignore him sportiemom. Very good poem. Are you the author? I'm impressed.

Thank You. I do Ignore him. NO, I got it somewhere about three years ago when our boys were going to state. I really liked it too. Good Luck in the touraments. I hope Carter County teams go a long way. It is really hard to win down the road.

QUOTE(sportiemom @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:27 PM) 826373072[/snapback]

Thank You. I do Ignore him. NO, I got it somewhere about three years ago when our boys were going to state. I really liked it too. Good Luck in the touraments. I hope Carter County teams go a long way. It is really hard to win down the road.

I think Carter County teams have potential to go a long way. We all have lots of great talent and as I said in an earlier post, it will depend on who wants it the most. Good luck to all Carter County teams.

The youngest group of teams our area has seen in years, which has produced some great competition. And, though Cloudland starts three seniors, the Lady Highlanders have relied on their terrific sophomore class, so it was asking a lot to expect great game after great game from the Lady Highlanders.

We all expect that the game between Hampton and Unaka is up for grabs. Will Unaka develop an inside presence early? Will Hampton scorch the nets like they did at Unaka? Both?

North Greene's Nicole McKinsey is as talented as any player in the conference, and her young teammates have matured. Might be close, but Cloudland should play for the Championship.

Thank you DaleRiddell, To beat all she had the flu and strep and was told by the doctors that it would not be wise to play. Ms. Bullhead said that she sat out of enough games with her ankle and knee surgeries that this was not going to keep her out. I guess this is a good case of bullheadedness. All the girls played great and I am so proud. They are coming together at the right time and you can tell they really want this. Kenneth has done a great job with preparing the team for this day. Alot goes into a season that is never seen.

QUOTE(daleriddell @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826378190[/snapback]I understand what you are saying about the Lady Rangers playing well a little earlier bouncepass. But, we must look at the entire body of work with the Lady Rangers. Kenneth had to build team chemistry with a team consisting of a freshman point guard, a bunch of talented sophomores, Brittany had never played one game with these girls, and a lone senior in Sallee. There was always talent there but chemistry takes a while and as you know right now is the best time to find that lightning in a bottle. I told Kenneth many times this season that I felt they would be fine come tournament time. He has had to deal with a lot of talk about how he wasn't the best coach for the program anymore. I knew he would prove the naysayers wrong by the end of the season. He lives, eats, and breathes the game so that his girls can be in these positions. Kudos go to the girls for buying in to what he has been preaching. Again I mustn't leave Leon out here. He started behind the eight ball this season, coming in with these girls without even having the summer to work on stuff. Amazing what he has accomplished. Honestly, it doesn't really surprise me though. Knowing what he has done before and how he prepares his teams each and every practice, I knew he would be a success at the high school level. Leon and Kenneth are two of the best coaches from here to Nashville that I know of. Both of these girls programs should count their blessings for who they have at their respective helms. Good job guys and gals also. No coach can do it without willing players, the coach doesn't show up much in the box score. My point is that guys like this rarely get praise but instead are the first to be thrown in the fire if things aren't going well throughout the season. I wanted to give a little shout out to the coaches in this particular situation cause I know firsthand what they are about and what they stand for. Class act coaches is what they are and their teams reflect that.

AMEN