AA Region 2

The Final Chapter

QUOTE(BigW @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826402311[/snapback]Did any of these girls play on the 16-U Crossville Cyclones about two years ago when they finished second in the USSSA State to Triple Threat during the summer? I believe this was played in Crossville. That would make most of them Seniors in High School this year. (I think the team was called Crossville Cyclones, I may not be correct on that.)

most of the girls on the team have played for either the cyclones or the dodgers out of rockwood their whole lives so yes there were probably a few on that team

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigW @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826402311[/snapback]Did any of these girls play on the 16-U Crossville Cyclones about two years ago when they finished second in the USSSA State to Triple Threat during the summer? I believe this was played in Crossville. That would make most of them Seniors in High School this year. (I think the team was called Crossville Cyclones, I may not be correct on that.)

I know for a fact that the Brown girl did not play for the Cyclones....She spends her summer time in Knoxville playing mainly with the Knox. Thunder.

Some of these girls were on that Cyclone team a couple of summers ago. I believe 4 total. The catcher that will not play this year was also on that team as well as two that stayed at CCHS. Lauren Brown was not. She played with the Thunder that summer. Also none of the girls at Stone were on the CCHS runner up team in 2003. The seniors now were 8th graders that year.

Good luck to everyone this season. Hope everyone stays warm. It sure is nice playing ball in fall.

David Terrebonne

Head Coach

East Paulding High School (GA)

(Former CCHS Coach)

QUOTE(BreadandButter @ Mar 10 2007 - 09:55 PM) 826407625[/snapback]Did anyone catch the action from Anderson County Playday? I heard that Stone was going to make an appearance as well as other teams from Region 2AA....how'd everyone look??

I was there, from the few games that i saw anderson was looking pretty rough, fulton looked ok, seymore was strong, stone was looking very good for a first year school there's no doubt that they will go far this year

QUOTE(Squiggle @ Mar 12 2007 - 12:54 AM) 826408570[/snapback]I was there, from the few games that i saw anderson was looking pretty rough, fulton looked ok, seymore was strong, stone was looking very good for a first year school there's no doubt that they will go far this year

I am not sure how strong Seymour looked going 0-3-1 for the weekend. After losing in the last inning to Clinton and in extra innings to West, they were handled pretty well by Stone Memorial. Brown from Stone threw a one hitter (no hitter through 5). Seymour made to many errors to be competitive in any of these games. They did put it together for a good finish; however, knotted 1-1 with sweetwater in 7 innings (the last in ITB).

Looks like the District 4 (AA) teams have a tough row to hoe with the newbie....good luck.

QUOTE(The Final Chapter @ Mar 12 2007 - 06:51 AM) 826408649[/snapback]I am not sure how strong Seymour looked going 0-3-1 for the weekend. After losing in the last inning to Clinton and in extra innings to West, they were handled pretty well by Stone Memorial. Brown from Stone threw a one hitter (no hitter through 5). Seymour made to many errors to be competitive in any of these games. They did put it together for a good finish; however, knotted 1-1 with sweetwater in 7 innings (the last in ITB).

Looks like the District 4 (AA) teams have a tough row to hoe with the newbie....good luck.

i did not mean to sound like i was saying seymore put up any sort of challenge to stone, stone at times struggled to create more runs off of seymores pitcher, three innings in a row the had bases loaded and couldn't bring them in, stone had no problem putting seymore away though

QUOTE(riseball @ Mar 12 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826408881[/snapback]I think that we'll know about Stone by mid week, they play Soddy at Soddy --- What a way to start a season!!!!

Who exactly does Soddy have? We all know they've been good for what seems like every season but what's their stuff this season? Hopefully Stone will be able to compete!

Well since no one decided to reply to my question I decided to go see the game myself..here are a few of my observations:

Soddy Daisy had some very good hitters on their team which led to their 8-1 victory over Stone but I believe that those runs could or should have been prevented by Stone's defense which seemed to be timid especially during one crucial inning in which Brown gave up 6 or so runs. I couldn't understand why the outfield, in particular, didn't want to take advantage of a few fly balls, which should have been easy outs, but let them drop just a few feet in front of them. Maybe they were just trying to play it safe but the SD offense took advantage of this and moved around the bases quickly. The infield also made a few errors or were unable to reach the ball in time to make a play.

Soddy Daisy's pitching was very good as well as their solid defense. I had hoped that Stone wouldn't let that affect their hits and would be able to produce a few runs, but as you can see from their single run that it did. Almost every hit that the Panthers could get on the ground, or in the air for that matter, went almost directly to a SD player which almost always made the play. Hopefully when Soddy visits Stone they will be ready for them.

One thing that bothered me throughout the game was the strike zone, or really the undeterminable strike zone. It seemed impossible to know where exactly where a strike was on a batter yesterday but it was obviously not below the waist anywhere or inside. Being neither for or against either team, I can safely say that this was probably a problem for both pitchers. I also noticed that the Brown girl seemed to be in pain for the greater part of the game. Hope nothing serious is bothering her.

Well those are a few of the things I noticed. Hopefully Stone will be better prepared the next time these two teams meet!

• 3 weeks later...