Rutledge @ Gatlinburg Pitman Tournament Tonight

agitator53

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Handyman21 @ Feb 17 2007 - 01:23 PM) 826376163[/snapback]70-55 Gap. UCHS is the better team no doubt, but the shots just didn't go down. I'm not taking ANYTHING away from Gap cause they played good without one starters out for the season. I have no intrest in either team but as a fan of Dis. 2 I would say it was a shame that UCHS didn't win cause they are the better team, but Gap came out with a good win!

Tonight: 7pm Claiborne vs. Rut. and 8pm PF vs. Gap

Why do you think UCHS was the better team without a doubt? They played the Gap three times and lost to them twice. Better talent on the floor does not always equal a better TEAM.

QUOTE(rSquared @ Feb 17 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826376207[/snapback]I'm a Union Co. fan, and watching them struggle in last night's game was tough. They just never got into a flow and failed to stop C. Gap in the man defense they somewhat inexplicably stayed in most of the night.

But, hey, that's the agony and the ecstasy of postseason tournament play---one bad game (UCHS) or one good game (CGHS)at the wrong/right time and you can be going home or moving on!

Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the way. They were the better team last night, at least.

The Patriots, meanwhile, will start working toward next year. They have some good youth and I feel we'll see some good things happening for them next season!

---rSquared

UCHS is the largest school in the district in terms of enrollment. In fact they are very close to 3A classification. Yet each year they load up on class 1A teams like King's Academy, Hancock County, Harriman, Sunbright, Washburn, and although Sequoyah is a 2A team they were only 3-24 on the season. Untill whomever is responsible for the schedule decides to play a more challenging non district schedule the Patriots will continue to have a resonably good overall record ( 17-12 ) but will flounder when they play district foes ( 3-8 ) and flop when they play in the post season ( one and out )

I can understand Washburn, they are close and and it dosen't hurt to play down occasionally, but to travel to places like Sequoyah, Hancock, Sunbright etc. when there are teams that would offer better competition much closer and also ready the Patriots for post season competition seems counterproductive in the longrun.

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:12 PM) 826377999[/snapback]Who won the girls semifinal games?

Girl's semis, Gatlinburg-Pittman defeated Rutledge and Claiborne defeated Pigeon Forge. Girl's consolation is Monday at 6:00 and Championship Tuesday at 6:00.

The boy's consolation Pigeon Forge vs Claiborne is Monday at 7:30 and the Championship Rutledge vs Cumberland Gap is Tuesday at 7:30. All games are at Cumberland Gap.

QUOTE(BP Man @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826378405[/snapback]What will the match ups be in the region?

I'm guessing that Cumberland Gap will play West Greene and then Rutledge will play Johnson Co.The other games I guess will be Pigeon Forge will play Elizabethton and Caliborne Co will play Unicoi Co.Somebody will probably screw this up but thats why they play the games.