A thought about District 7A Tourney!

jamieroper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:32 PM) 826377567[/snapback]ther is no way c'range could benifited by losing to JC in the district unless they wanted to avoid them in region either way they catch rbs or jc in region semis if all win

Good point about you has beat who. But I think ClarkRange is the best in 7a. ALthough JC put a whipping on them. Who knows. Isn't tourney time fun. Gives us reasons to fuss.

JC's style of play must really bother CR. It is probably the intensity that JC plays with. I have said all year that there was a ton of fight in them JC girls. They don't quit.

Good luck to all. You guys in D7 and D8 work it out to see who gets beat by us region 6 teams at 'boro. HA HA HA HA.

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:55 PM) 826377625[/snapback]All I know is if Clarkrange wins or loses their next game.......the Championship game will be real interesting to watch

No Doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie we all had this same discussion last year, the loser has the easier road to state no matter what anyone says about gville westmorland or any other team, and the winner has the pride of being champs, but has to go through Crange to get to state...Like I said we had this discussion last year and people were worried about if a team would throw the game and what not and then we got 2 of the best teams going into 3 o/t's and playing their heart out...So in this game the girls, in my eyes can go out and just have fun and not worried about winning or losing...

None of the coaches in our area would have it in them to purposely lose a game. I know they would go to great lengths to win but they would NEVER stoop that low. They do know the consequences of winning and losing and where it will get you in the post season, but they're not purposely going to lose.

Jackson County has a lot to play for. They're trying to prove everyone wrong about their ability to make it back to the state again this year.

Red Boiling Springs has a lot to play for...no district championship in many years, and they will be ready to take the crown from Jackson County after last year's district and region championships.

Clarkrange has a lot to play for... they aren't going to lose two games in a row...period.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Red Boiling Springs isn't going away that quickly. Sure we are losing four seniors of which three get major playing time. However, we have plenty of talent on the team besides those three. The next few years should be very interesting because neither Jackson Co., Clarkrange, or even Monterey lose hardly anyone from this year's teams. But let's get this post-season over with before we start talking about next season!

Good luck to everyone the rest of the tournament!

QUOTE(oneshot @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:21 PM) 826378113[/snapback]rbs should be the best team but jc and clarkrange better coaches so who knows?? this is rbs last shot unless they recruit some help so they better do it now!!!

RBS will have the best post game in the district next year because we get both Ashton and Laken back going into their 3rd year playing together down low...Tess Copas who is our first off the bench will be a Senior next year along with Sleeper who will be just a junior both are 2 really good ball players, we also have a freshman coming up those who has been to RBS jr high games knows how Layce Colter plays and will be ready to play some ball...So next year RBS isn't rebuilding we are reloading...and Crange will be good but they will not be unstoppable I garauntee you that...

QUOTE(swanson71 @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:40 PM) 826378634[/snapback]RBS will have the best post game in the district next year because we get both Ashton and Laken back going into their 3rd year playing together down low...Tess Copas who is our first off the bench will be a Senior next year along with Sleeper who will be just a junior both are 2 really good ball players, we also have a freshman coming up those who has been to RBS jr high games knows how Layce Colter plays and will be ready to play some ball...So next year RBS isn't rebuilding we are reloading...and Crange will be good but they will not be unstoppable I garauntee you that...

swansons dead on again; rbs will be reloading with double barrels. Lets go lady dawgs.

QUOTE(DaCoach @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826378775[/snapback]And just how much advantage does the "Pride of being district champion versus being district runner-up" give a team? None! When you get to the region last week is forgotten and you are focused on who you are playing. To be out of the bracket with two hard teams versus being in the bracket with weaker teams would be worth finishing district runner-up rather than being champion and face the risk of being sent home by a strong team.

Pride goes along way especially when the team your playing beat you 4 times last year, beat a team that has beat a team that you haven't figured out to beat yet...If for some strange reason RBS ends up winning the state tournament you still haven't gotten over the hump of beating JC or Crange...

QUOTE(DaCoach @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:39 AM) 826378792[/snapback]You mean to tell me that if RBS wins the state Championship, that they will still be concerned about the fact that Jackson County had beaten them 4 times this year. I find that hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I STATE CHAMPS I don;t give a rat's hind end who beat me because in the we won it when it all counted! I've been in coaching for 23 years and I have never seen a team that is concerned about what happened in the district tournament while I was playing in the region tournament.

If i'm a senior and I was never able to beat my rival, but everyone else would bother me...