UTC at Missouri

Herm

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CHATTWRESTLING @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:36 PM) 826377804[/snapback]Great win but did we need to go out there to get four forfeits. Where were there backups?

Five forfeits ................. Missouri has 39 wrestlers on the roster and only 5 weren't sick?

Amazing that four of the five were at Chattanooga's best weights.

QUOTE(ru4mocs @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:29 PM) 826378029[/snapback]Five forfeits ................. Missouri has 39 wrestlers on the roster and only 5 weren't sick?

Amazing that four of the five were at Chattanooga's best weights.

So your saying this was done with some thought behind it. I hate it when other programs just don't wan't to take their @$$ kicking. To bad they feel they can disrespect our program like that, good job to all of our local kids. You have been an inspiration to a lot of local young men. Where is Shawn Cordell? What happened to winning your wrestle off and starting for your team? Good luck Shawn: HI, Tony and Donna miss you in Red Bank.

Missouri is ranked #3 in the country. The Mocs' website says that they won the Las Vegas Invitational earlier in the year. The Mocs placed 8th. This is the end of the regular season, so if some of the wrestlers were sick, the coach would be crazy to risk injury right before Nationals. I am a fan of the Mocs, and I would have liked to see them wrestle a full-strength Missouri squad, but I don't think the Tigers were scared of having any kind of "kicking." It was a safe move by the school, and it is unfortunate for the UTC wrestlers and fans. It would be nice if Missouri had forfeited before the team had to go all the way up there for what amounted to a scrimmage.

QUOTE(best_of_the_west @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:41 PM) 826378160[/snapback]Missouri is ranked #3 in the country. The Mocs' website says that they won the Las Vegas Invitational earlier in the year. The Mocs placed 8th. This is the end of the regular season, so if some of the wrestlers were sick, the coach would be crazy to risk injury right before Nationals. I am a fan of the Mocs, and I would have liked to see them wrestle a full-strength Missouri squad, but I don't think the Tigers were scared of having any kind of "kicking." It was a safe move by the school, and it is unfortunate for the UTC wrestlers and fans. It would be nice if Missouri had forfeited before the team had to go all the way up there for what amounted to a scrimmage.

But c'mon, at 133 when a guy has several chances and he never comes out to wrestle, i start to smell a rat...

QUOTE(best_of_the_west @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:41 PM) 826378160[/snapback]Missouri is ranked #3 in the country. The Mocs' website says that they won the Las Vegas Invitational earlier in the year. The Mocs placed 8th. This is the end of the regular season, so if some of the wrestlers were sick, the coach would be crazy to risk injury right before Nationals. I am a fan of the Mocs, and I would have liked to see them wrestle a full-strength Missouri squad, but I don't think the Tigers were scared of having any kind of "kicking." It was a safe move by the school, and it is unfortunate for the UTC wrestlers and fans. It would be nice if Missouri had forfeited before the team had to go all the way up there for what amounted to a scrimmage.

Thats what I meant BOTW. Did they pay for our travel?

I was looking forward to seeing the results...even took the time to find a text feed of the match. It made me sick to see the first 4 or 5 matches were forfeited. What a croc! UTC travels eight hours to Missouri to walk out on the mat and get their arm raised for a forfeit. Put someone out there to wrestle. What a waste. Sorry for my bad attitude but I love to see our kids wrestle the big dogs. Hope they get to meet some of them in the NCAAs. Time for a good ol southern butt kickin.

I would think Bono knew before he left for the trip... at least I would hope so.

Go Mocs!

QUOTE(mtnman @ Feb 18 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826378501[/snapback]I was looking forward to seeing the results...even took the time to find a text feed of the match. It made me sick to see the first 4 or 5 matches were forfeited. What a croc! UTC travels eight hours to Missouri to walk out on the mat and get their arm raised for a forfeit. Put someone out there to wrestle. What a waste. Sorry for my bad attitude but I love to see our kids wrestle the big dogs. Hope they get to meet some of them in the NCAAs. Time for a good ol southern butt kickin.

I would think Bono knew before he left for the trip... at least I would hope so.

Go Mocs!

My understanding is that Coach Bono was told of 2-3 forfeits, not 5.

No. 13 Chattanooga 40, No. 3 Missouri 8

125 No. 18 Javier Maldonado (UTC) wins by forfeit 0 6

133 No. 7 Matt Keller (UTC) wins by forfeit 0 12

141 No. 14 Michael Keefe (UTC) wins by forfeit 0 18

149 No. 7 Aaron Martin (UTC) wins by forfeit 0 24

157 Jake Yost (UTC) maj. dec. Dane Espinosa (MU), 11-2 0 28

165 T.J. Sayers (UTC) dec. James Williamson (MU), 8-1 0 31

174 No. 1 Ben Askren (MU) maj. dec. No. 16 Lloyd Rogers (UTC), 10-2 4 31

184 #5 Raymond Jordan (MU) maj. dec. Josh Edmondson (UTC), 16-6 8 31

197 Nick Lorenzano (UTC) wins by forfeit 8 37

HWT No. 13 Matt Koz (UTC) dec. No. 20 Mark Ellis (MU), 2-1 8 40

First four wresters were ranked for UTC and all got forfeits. Their number one at 174 wasn't sick and their number 5 at 184 wasn't sick. Thankfully, Koz got to wrestle one of their ranked wrestlers.