LADY PIONEERS vs LADY TIGERS DISTRICT PLAY

agitator53

Interesting game tonight at Cumberland Gap. The Lady Pioneers and Lady Tigers played a hard game, and in the end, the Lady Tigers had one more point on the board. I hopped in the old "redneck van" and drove over to watch the game. Good game ladies. I'm glad I didn't have to cross Clinch Mountain! Things weren't pretty over here at home in Bulldog/Panther country. I can live with a team loosing a game because they were outplayed, but that didn't happen tonight. The game could have turned out differently if the officials had remembered to bring their whistles with them. It wasn't so much the bad calls as it was the absence of calls! Officials are not supposed to let the crowd's "enthusiasm" get to them, and I believe that's exactly what happened tonight in this game. By the way, it's sad when a team can't stay ahead without fans yelling and kicking bleachers while the opposing team is shooting. Grow up Moms, Dads, and Grandparents. Let your team win on their ability, and not your talents of having big mouths and big feet! Heckel the officials, opposing coaches, and the consession stand attendants, but let the players alone. Yes, I'm pulling for the Pioneers, and will continue to do so, no matter where they play! Good game tonight Lady Pioneers. Nothing to be ashamed of or hang your heads about. Come on officials! When a player trips and falls, you don't call a foul on an opposing player just because she happens to be in the "vicinity" of the fall. By the way, when a player steps on, or across the half-court stripe, the ball is supposed to be turned over to the opposing team. Just a couple of many bad calls, or missed calls. I'm sure Pigeon Forge would dispute this, and probably could add a few of their own. Fact is, it was a poorly officiated game. Come on guys, you are getting paid to watch the game, and ignore the fans. Coaches have to do it all the time. There are 3 of you on the floor! When something happens right in front of you, it's hard to defend not seeing it! I think it's time for TSSAA to allow coaches to ask for a review of the tapes from cameras at the games, like pro-football. It would sure add to the accountability. Better yet, let's all put up big screens in the gyms, and video the games so we can have instant replays to show the bad calls, or support the officials who are making good calls. Everyone has a bad night, and we all make mistakes. But, for your performance to be one big mistake --- that's inexcusable. I try to be fair. I love to agitate, as many of you have discovered. I have to be fair. If I'm going to agitate the opposing fans, coaches, and players --- then the officials are going to have to take their "lumps" as well. So, here you go STRIPES -- enjoy a few lumps. You've earned them! Born to agitate and love it! It's my life! By the way, some coaches need volume controls, and they need to be used quite often. One more agitation before I go to bed!

QUOTE(bball35 @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826380097[/snapback]Sore Loser? I think so.

Sore looser? I DON'T think so. Anyone who was at that game, and has any vision at all has to say it was poorly officiated! Both teams played well. It's just a shame that their true abilities were snuffed by the bad calls, or lack thereof. Ask your seeing eye dog; he'll tell you what he saw! Stirring the pot!

QUOTE(agitator53 @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826380136[/snapback]Sore looser? I DON'T think so. Anyone who was at that game, and has any vision at all has to say it was poorly officiated! Both teams played well. It's just a shame that their true abilities were snuffed by the bad calls, or lack thereof. Ask your seeing eye dog; he'll tell you what he saw! Stirring the pot!

YOU GO AGITATOR53!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(bball35 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:58 AM) 826380741[/snapback]LOL. It might have been poorly officiated, but on both sides. The officiating did not determine the outcome of the game, plain and simple. Get over it you lost move on, go cheer on your boys tonight, they have a great shot at winning a championship! Good Luck to the Pioneer Men tonight.

You are a good man bball35. Poor officiating always affects the outcome of a game. Who knows, your girls may have beaten Rutledge by 20 or more points. I know, one point, 100 points, its the win. But, regardless everyone hates to see their team cheated out of what "could have been". Yes, get over it, more on, cheer the boys on, sure will, but I'll still wonder what the game could have been if EVERYONE on the court had received a fair shake. Would you feel the same if Pigeon Forge had been on the other end of the scoreboard? I think not! So, you'll just have to tolerate my disappointment, grumbling, complaining, and everything else that goes with it. Take nothing away from the Pigeon Forge ladies. They played a good, rough game last night. I'd hate to have been on the floor with some of the knocking going on between all the ladies. But, the fact still remains, the officials didn't do their job as it should have been done! Again, a seeing eye dog would tell it's master the same thing. Matter of fact, maybe the officials need seeing eye dogs to help them out. At least you could pet the dogs at the end of the game and get a friendly "tail wag". Keem 'em coming! Agitating is my passion, and I'm always looking for practice! Go get-em Lady Tigers! Take our district to the top! Just hope you don't get more of the same from the officials!

Rutledge fans:

You better expect a physical game friday at Unicoi! Unicoi is very physical, especially inside with Mainer and Edwardss, both six footers, and very strong.

The good news is that the refs will be from some other region, which evens the playing field somewhat. And Pigeon Forge fans: Get ready for 32 minutes of chaos at South Greene. SG will try and push the tempo on both ends.

Who do you expect to win tonights game between GP and Claiborne Co?

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826380843[/snapback]Rutledge fans:

You better expect a physical game friday at Unicoi! Unicoi is very physical, especially inside with Mainer and Edwardss, both six footers, and very strong.

The good news is that the refs will be from some other region, which evens the playing field somewhat. And Pigeon Forge fans: Get ready for 32 minutes of chaos at South Greene. SG will try and push the tempo on both ends.

GO BULLDOGS! AND AS MY GOOD FRIEND FORREST GUMP SAYS, THAT'S ALL I'VE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT!

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826380843[/snapback]Rutledge fans:

Well truth is physical never hurt no one ( well hopefully not) just makes you play at the top of your game. God only knows we've got a few that are physical also as long as the refs shakes out even it should be good competition.

Bball35, you don't have to worry we'll be there supporting OUR boys as they was for us last night. GO BIG BLUE!