Richland wins the District 11 A Tourny

Unionvegas

The Good news and congrats to Richland for winning the toruney. However the bad news is they have to play Summertown first round of the region.

Sante Fe will host a hot Wayne County team

Moore County will travel to Perry County (who has put Moore County out of the post-season each of the last three years)

Cornersville will travel to Collinwood

Summertown was not themselves tonight against Wayne County. The Lady Cats just completely outplayed The Lady Eagles in just about every aspect. As for the Summertown/Richland game, well it will be a good one. The Lady Eagles are very tough to beat in an elimination game and they have been to the State Tournament the past three years, so they are much more experienced then Richland in how to win the big games. It should be a very interesting matchup.

Congrats to the Lady Raiders for winning the District title and a 30 and 2 record.

Congrats to Rachel Glidden for being selected regular season and tourney MVP.

Santa Fe has nothing to lower their heads about. This game could have gone either way. SF jumped out to an 8 to 3, Richland came back to lead at Halftime, I believe by 7 or 9. Santa Fe fought back and may have taken the lead in the third/early fourth quarter. It went back and forth with Richland hitting its’ foul shots at the end to pull away by 7. Both teams had many players step up. Bell, who I think should have been the Tourney MVP, made several key free throws at critical times, as did Glidden. Pierce’s defense and ball handling really helped the Raiders tonight. She should be starting. Duke hit some big shots when Santa Fe started taking away the 3-point shooters. That will have to continue for Richland to continue winning.

Sewell was great as always. I never can tell if she is happy or mad. She keeps the same focused look all the time. It appeared to me that Gardner was not used enough in the second half. Rachel Priest, in my opinion, would have been the MVP if Santa Fe had won the game. She really hit some big shots. Black came in off the bench and did well, and then they stopped playing her, I do not know why.

Congrats to both teams. You can be proud of your year.

Also, do not be surprised if Santa Fe and Richland are both at state for years to come. They both have a ton coming back.

Sewell, I love your hustle and hard work, but most of all I love your sportsmanship. Keep it up and you will have colleges running you down next year.