Region 5AAA

MJ AND BEYOND

QUOTE(SayWhut? @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826391050[/snapback]NE pulled off a big upset against MJ. MJ fans sat stunned. WC fans stayed to watch and they left stunned. No one, other than NE, saw this one coming. MJ led most of the game, until when it counted, at the final buzzer.

Thoughts? How will WC match up to NE?

Thats's a pretty fair look at the game. We turned the ball over 17 times (some by CNE quickness) including over throwing the breakaway! MJ was just tight, I have never seen so many missed point blank layups and it cost the Bears...so did the outstanding hustle by CNE

But no matter, the Bears will be back big time next year.

Thank you K.C. and Miaca for a highlight reel season from you both...you are outstanding young ladies and we will follow your success at the next level.

All right, WC take care of business for the city and district. Good Luck

Go Lady Bears!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(MJ AND BEYOND @ Feb 27 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826391866[/snapback]Thats's a pretty fair look at the game. We turned the ball over 17 times (some by CNE quickness) including over throwing the breakaway! MJ was just tight, I have never seen so many missed point blank layups and it cost the Bears...so did the outstanding hustle by CNE

But no matter, the Bears will be back big time next year.

Thank you K.C. and Miaca for a highlight reel season from you both...you are outstanding young ladies and we will follow your success at the next level.

All right, WC take care of business for the city and district. Good Luck

Go Lady Bears!

I respectfully disagree. I think Clarksville-Northeast deserves a little more credit. This wasn't that big of an upset. After all Clarksville-Northeast is 31-7. If Mj was tight, then CNE was every bit as tight. They were 8 for 31 in the first half. I've never seen Evans and Williams so far off the mark. The difference wasn't the offense. It was the defense. Mt. Juliet was held to 16 second half points. Dawn Evans scored 17 second half points by herself. She simply took the game over in the 4th quarter hitting timely shots and sinking crucial free throws (6 for 6) to ice the game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mt. Juliet is a tremendous basketball program and team. One of the best in the state. So let's give credit where credit is due. Mt. Juliet went down at the hands of a very good basketball team with, two of the best players in the state, super sophmore-Kamiko Williams and Dawn Evans; who after a terrible shooting first half, came back in the second to propel her team to victory. Here is the line. 26 pts, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, and 5 steals. ----Just one person's opinion.----

While I was not at this game, I am not surprised that Northeast (now healthy) pulled this out. Dawn Evans is one incredible player, and has a great supporting cast. While I am a native Clarksvillian, I have lived in Nashville quite a while and have some close ties to Mt. Juliet. KC -You were a true leader this year. Jordan Nixon, you REALLY stepped up as a dominant post and impact player. I love watching you play. I'm so thankful you are a Junior, and I get to watch you on a HS court again next year (and AAU court this summer). Congrats to Northeast. Make Clarksville proud!! Mt. Juliet...you provided the fans some great basketball this year. So many counted you out pre-season with the transfers to WC, but you showed all the nay-sayers that you were still a force in AAA basketball. (Speaking of transfers...imagine if Montgomery County allowed open zoning...Valerie Bronson and Dawn Evans on the same team???).

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 27 2007 - 11:32 PM) 826392641[/snapback]While I was not at this game, I am not surprised that Northeast (now healthy) pulled this out. Dawn Evans is one incredible player, and has a great supporting cast. While I am a native Clarksvillian, I have lived in Nashville quite a while and have some close ties to Mt. Juliet. KC -You were a true leader this year. Jordan Nixon, you REALLY stepped up as a dominant post and impact player. I love watching you play. I'm so thankful you are a Junior, and I get to watch you on a HS court again next year (and AAU court this summer). Congrats to Northeast. Make Clarksville proud!! Mt. Juliet...you provided the fans some great basketball this year. So many counted you out pre-season with the transfers to WC, but you showed all the nay-sayers that you were still a force in AAA basketball. (Speaking of transfers...imagine if Montgomery County allowed open zoning...Valerie Bronson and Dawn Evans on the same team???).

Valerie and Dawn on the same team........The game is still played with one basketball. That's one too few!

QUOTE(fanchs @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826393629[/snapback]Valerie and Dawn on the same team........The game is still played with one basketball. That's one too few!

fanchs, with an outlook like the one you have, it's no wonder your team never gets past the first game of the regional tournament. Unlike you, good players learn to play with other good players. Although the one you root for, is probably overated anyway.

QUOTE(RARip @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:47 PM) 826394321[/snapback]fanchs, with an outlook like the one you have, it's no wonder your team never gets past the first game of the regional tournament. Unlike you, good players learn to play with other good players. Although the one you root for, is probably overated anyway.

FANCHS could be talking about the fact that for one, Evans-Bronson playing on the same team would never happen..For two it would just be a bad combination because both players are very offensive minded and probably wouldnt mesh like they should.

I think both players have totally different personalities.

QUOTE(TnBball @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826394432[/snapback]FANCHS could be talking about the fact that for one, Evans-Bronson playing on the same team would never happen..For two it would just be a bad combination because both players are very offensive minded and probably wouldnt mesh like they should.

Well said!

QUOTE(TnBball @ Feb 28 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826394432[/snapback]FANCHS could be talking about the fact that for one, Evans-Bronson playing on the same team would never happen..For two it would just be a bad combination because both players are very offensive minded and probably wouldnt mesh like they should.

So does Ann Marie Lanning and Alex Bivens of Riverdale, and they have no problem playing together. Personalities have nothing to do with it. Kamiko Williams is just as offensive-minded and she and Evans play extremely well toghether and compliment each other quite nicely. There are many good teams that have 2 to 3 offensive minded players that play really well together. So I really don't see what personalities have to do with anything. Maybe you were referring to the the types of games they have, rather than personalities. Evans and Williams are play makers. They both are creators that can score as well as create opportunities for their teammates. Bronson is a scorer but she doesn't create easy opportunities for her teammates. Most of the time she needs for her teammates to get her the ball. After watching many games in 10 AAA, the truth of the matter is, Bronson would be the third best player on the Clarksville-Northeast team behind Evans and Williams.