David Lipscomb@Giles County

cardinals_09

Congrats to GCHS!!!! I'm glad I was proven wrong, and now GC has possibly an easy route to the region championship game, which would send the Cats to the AA Sectionals for the first time in two years. Good luck GC the rest of the way through and c'mon Spring Hill, beat Pearl Cohn and help to make it an all D-10 semifinals!!!!

GO CATS!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cardinals_09 @ Feb 24 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826387755[/snapback]Congrats to GCHS!!!! I'm glad I was proven wrong, and now GC has possibly an easy route to the region championship game, which would send the Cats to the AA Sectionals for the first time in two years. Good luck GC the rest of the way through and c'mon Spring Hill, beat Pearl Cohn and help to make it an all D-10 semifinals!!!!

GO CATS!!!!

I mean c'mon Spring Hill, beat CPA!!!

QUOTE(cardinals_09 @ Feb 24 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826387755[/snapback]Congrats to GCHS!!!! I'm glad I was proven wrong, and now GC has possibly an easy route to the region championship game, which would send the Cats to the AA Sectionals for the first time in two years. Good luck GC the rest of the way through and c'mon Spring Hill, beat Pearl Cohn and help to make it an all D-10 semifinals!!!!

GO CATS!!!!

hahahah get ready for a "easy" game against CPA....the score was much more decieving then how the game really went! CPA dominated wasnt even a close one.....Z had 5 dunks and an alley opp!!!!

you can attribute DL's late season demise to Slater's ankle injury at the end of the CPA game. He had an amazing game and led his team to the win and badly twisted is ankle blocking Miller's shot with seconds left in the game. He was never the same the rest of the season. looking back they should have not played him at all for at least 2 weeks thereafter. They couldn't have done any worse and would have been seeded no lower than 4th in the district(I think they ended up being seeded 3rd). Hindsight is 20/20. I am sure he wanted to get back out there and play but should have sat out more than 1 or 2 games and playing him against nonconference opponents like Goodpasture and MBA was a mistake. With a healthy Slater I think they could have beaten GC and had a rematch with CPA. that would have really been a great game. Injuries are a part of sports and dealing with them can be a difficult thing. your mind and heart are telling you that you can do it but your body just won't respond like it should. Hopefully he gets some much needed rest and we can look forward to seeing him in a DL Bison uniform next season in college. I look forward to it.

QUOTE(its_nasty_time @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826383945[/snapback]DL is gonna take this game by about 10 points! Josh Slater ( McDonalds All-American) is going to show giles county what he is really capable of!

Josh was nominated for McD's all american, did not make it. The state of Tennessee was snubbed this year. Other nominees were, Gerald Robinson, Jamie Graham, Dejuwan Long, and Maurice Miller, to name a few.

QUOTE(its_nasty_time @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826383945[/snapback]DL is gonna take this game by about 10 points! Josh Slater ( McDonalds All-American) is going to show giles county what he is really capable of!

Your "All American" showed me how to whine to a ref and that was about it. Oh and how to get his stuff packed up and down the entire court. But I do have to hand it to him for playing on that bad ankle or knee whatever it was. Good game Lipscomb. Big Country is right though, it is hard for us to lose at home.

QUOTE(norespect @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826388349[/snapback]Your "All American" showed me how to whine to a ref and that was about it. Oh and how to get his stuff packed up and down the entire court. But I do have to hand it to him for playing on that bad ankle or knee whatever it was. Good game Lipscomb. Big Country is right though, it is hard for us to lose at home.

Enjoy your ignorant attitude now, it's going to be a long drive back to Pulaski on Tuesday. CPA is solid and I don't think Giles County can handle them.

Guest bballmom10

QUOTE(SHHSRaiders27 @ Feb 25 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826388453[/snapback]Enjoy your ignorant attitude now, it's going to be a long drive back to Pulaski on Tuesday. CPA is solid and I don't think Giles County can handle them.

Very true. I have seen CPA several times this year as well as Giles County. CPA is very very tough to beat anywhere because they bring what feels like their entire school to every game. Lipscomb played CPA very well this year splitting the regular season with them and the win coming with everyone being healthy and strong. It's impossible for an outsider looking in to know how tough Slater's injury has been. The rest of the guys stepped it up for a good part of the season but it just got to be too much in the end. The Giles county fans showed absolutely no class when chanting to Josh after he was down again with his ankle. To see the pain on his face was heartbreaking and to then have the crowd mock him was awful. The student section can be such an asset to a team, but this is actually the first time I experienced them being cruel after an injury. Most people, even teenagers, know when it's time to have silence. That said, CPA will send Giles Co. home with their tails between their legs. If they somehow get by CPA (and pigs fly and the Cubs win the series) they will have the daunting task of playing MLK or Pearl Cohn.

I have to admit, even as a student at GC an someone who sat in that section last night and someone who said all of the chants, our student section is terrible. The things that are started are uncalled for and shouldn't be acceptable, but the students in our student section just don't care. I apologize on the behalf of our student section to everyone that is offended by our chants. With that said, I do believe GC will beat CPA, and our student section is 95% likely to show up, so be prepared.

GO CATS!!!