Richland vs Summertown

meg25

QUOTE(dkoons52 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826388333[/snapback]I only know of the last 3 years, and no one in that time has won state from around here.

Being there is great no doubt, these teams are great no doubt, but not the best, maybe this year will be their year, we wish them luck.

I never said 12A had the best teams in the state, I just said there teams have just about always been better, as a whole, then teams from 11A. There is no denying that 12A has been the stronger of the two from top to bottom since they and 11A were placed into Region 6A all those years ago.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 25 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826388624[/snapback]The Lady Raider team that finished 30-3 should have had a great coach to help them make it all the way to the state this year but most importantly they deserve a better coach next year...

I don't know this for sure but my guess is, any team that goes 30-3 on a season has a fair to middlin coach

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 25 2007 - 03:33 PM) 826388685[/snapback]I don't know this for sure but my guess is, any team that goes 30-3 on a season has a fair to middlin coach

yes but with the talent that was on that team the pricipal of the school could have led them to a 30-3 season...and for you to make this comment you must not have been at the game friday night or you would know what we're talking about.

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826388795[/snapback]yes but with the talent that was on that team the pricipal of the school could have led them to a 30-3 season...and for you to mkae this comment you must not have been at the game friday night or you would known what we're talking about.

If they had been in 12-A they probably would have lost several more games! This time of year everybody has a good team and are playing to advance....most don't make it.

QUOTE(hurricane @ Feb 25 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826388546[/snapback]jamie im from summertown and i wanted to congratulate the richland girls on a great season and i really enjoy reading your posts they make me laugh all the time

Thanks. Most of my comments are designed to make people laugh. Believe me, you are laughing with me, not at me.

The job your girl's did the other night was great. I believe Richland is better, but not on that night. But that is just my opinion. No other team, NONE, could lose what you lost and do what you did. It is amazing.

Do not underestimate Moore County. They are full strength now and may have a better coach than I have given them credit for. But so do you. He really had us scouted. Our lose to you did have some good points. Jasmine Duke, the most underrated player around, finally showed a little of what she could do. She is also a great young lady with a great family and I love them to death. Her family is always clapping the loudest for everyone else. They were there to support our team even when Jasmine was injuried and not playing. Jasmine may be the key to Richland's success next year, along with Pierce. Pierce can score. She needs to be encouraged to do so. She also needs to be point guard. That will relieve some pressure off Glidden if she could play the 2 guard. Jasmine can control a game. Richland's guards need to learn how to get her the ball. If they can get Jasmine the ball correctly, teams will not be able to key on the guards. That will also open Horn up more. Richland would be scoring 100 points a game then. Just my opinion.

Take care and good luck Summertown.

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826388795[/snapback]yes but with the talent that was on that team the pricipal of the school could have led them to a 30-3 season...and for you to make this comment you must not have been at the game friday night or you would know what we're talking about.

What exactly do you think the coach should have done??? If I remember correctly, his 1st sub off the bench had about 5 or 6 turnovers and one of his starters missed several layups! Think everything would have worked out just great if these two things didn't take place!!

By the way, "pricipal" is correctly spelled PRINCIPAL!!!

QUOTE(clpeters @ Feb 25 2007 - 04:48 PM) 826388838[/snapback]If they had been in 12-A they probably would have lost several more games! This time of year everybody has a good team and are playing to advance....most don't make it.

Well Richland should have been playing teams from 12A in the first place instead of so many teams in Alabama where Hall played the weak teams he knew he could beat to make himself look good

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 25 2007 - 03:33 PM) 826388685[/snapback]I don't know this for sure but my guess is, any team that goes 30-3 on a season has a fair to middlin coach

Don't worry, auntkim, coaching at Richland is all under control. BLUESTREAK can't even spell principal correctly!! Good luck to your team this week!!

QUOTE(rareedition @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:34 PM) 826389044[/snapback]What exactly do you think the coach should have done??? If I remember correctly, his 1st sub off the bench had about 5 or 6 turnovers and one of his starters missed several layups! Think everything would have worked out just great if these two things didn't take place!!

By the way, "pricipal" is correctly spelled PRINCIPAL!!!

Look! the coach waited until he was down by 10 before subbing and that player created a change in the momentum of the game and richland was only down by 1 at halftime and after halftime he went back w/ his starters and went down by 11 points or so before subbing again and once again that player changed the rythm of the game-the summertown coach was probably laughing his head off when hall went back to his starting 5 after halftime.-if hall is the "coach of the year" why did he only have 4 players who could do right. why didn't he have a deeper bench???...evidently you are a grammar major and have no athletic ability

QUOTE(BLUESTREAK @ Feb 25 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826389057[/snapback]Look! the coach waited until he was down by 10 before subbing and that player created a change in the momentum of the game and richland was only down by 1 at halftime and after halftime he went back w/ his starters and went down by 11 points or so before subbing again and once again that player changed the rythm of the game-the summertown coach was probably laughing his head off when hall went back to his starting 5 after halftime.-if hall is the "coach of the year" why did he only have 4 players who could do right. why didn't he have a deeper bench???...evidently you are a grammar major and have no athletic ability

if you were at the game as you say then you would know that it was 12-2 before the first whistle even sounded. And the young lady that the coach subed for is the 3rd leading scorer for her team this year.