Richland vs Summertown

meg25

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mcsportswriter @ Feb 23 2007 - 09:11 PM) 826386668[/snapback]What a Region! Moore Co., Summertown, Wayne Co., and Collinwood. Who wins it?

I going to take a stab at this. I say S"town. Even though they finished 4th in 12a I think they may be the most dangerous team by going in to a hostile environment like Richland(No. 1 in a) and win will get their confidence back.JMO

Congrats to both Summertown and Richland. Tonight was a great basketball game to watch.

Summertown, you are a classy group of young ladies. Keep up the great work and you should do well. Your coach had us scouted to a "T". Congrats again on the win.

Congrats to the Lady Raiders on a great season. 30 and 3. When 2 good teams play, someone has to lose. Just did not work out for you tonight. We are proud of your effort and your season. You represented Lynnville and Richland High School well. Work hard over the summer and you should come back even stronger next year.

To Richland's 2 seniors, Russell and Roper, you are both team players and can be proud of your efforts over the last few years.

Nice to meet you 7AWatcher. I am sorry I do not remember who your friend was. I know he use to coach and has a ton of basketball knowledge. Hope to see you at some other playoff games.

Congrats again to both teams. You have both had amazing seasons that you can be proud of.

A view from a mutual bb fan: A very exciting game to watch with the winner only decided at the horn. the difference that caught my eye in these teams was that S'town showed a little more team discipline in their execution of the offense. Richland fell behind 10 in the 1st and made a good comback to be down only 1 at half, then went down 11 starting the 3rd and made another great comeback to tie the game with a very difficult 3 with 30+ sec. to go. but 2 FT with under 5 sec gave S"town the win even though Richland had the shot for OT it would not fall. Good Luck to Summertown and Richland will be back.

jamieroper, sorry for your disappointment, but enjoyed chatting with you, Take that (90 min) drive Monday night and watch some more excitement.

Jamie, sorry about Richland's loss last night, but as you stated and others agreed it was a great game. Makes it hurt a little less when you know your team played their hearts out and were beaten by a worthy opponent. Richland most definately will be back to make some noise again next year!! I can imagine on Mon night when RBS plays C'range, the atmosphere will be the same as Richland and S'town, with the same result...... another great team will not be advancing. I believe S'town will beat Moore to advance.