Georgia State Tournament on TV

RMC

5:00 PM EST on CSS. (Comcast Sports South www.css-sports.com for their schedule)

Don't miss the 1st match because it'll start at 160 with Condon. (At least I think that's the match they picked to showcase)

They picked matches from all 5 divisions to showcase and I'm not sure how the rotation went.

I think they may have also picked the 135 - Knapp - Albert match. Knapp was 3rd last year and Albert is a two time state champion.

I believe the 103 match is TJ Mitchell.

I'm sort of surprised by the TV coverage. They taped much more than they showed. You guys missed kids like Galloway, Yates, Miller, Condon, Westerman and Boatright. The Knapp - Albert match was much more exciting than the 26 seconds they aired.

But....if you taped it my son was the bopper for several of the matched they did show.

QUOTE(CHSCOACH @ Feb 25 2007 - 07:57 PM) 826389083[/snapback]RMC

Time is hard to judge on TV, but I noticed back points and pins were called much faster than they would be in TN. Do you notice a difference?

Not sure if TV made it look different or not, but I'd say they call it about the same. Some of the matches that were on TV were right in front me and I'd say the back point and pins were awarded correctly.

I'm of the opinion, especially in the Chattanooga area, that you guys have very good referees. I think Chattanooga benefits greatly from having a Division I wrestling program and I mean from a referee standpoint.

QUOTE(CHSCOACH @ Feb 25 2007 - 11:32 PM) 826389477[/snapback]I wasn't trying to say our guys don't do a good job. I just saw a different timing and wondered if it was because the video sped it up or if GA refs called things quicker.

I think they must have compressed it for TV.