mfalc04

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prediction above was very close:

St. George's 57

Baylor 52

Gryphons move on to the state championship game....DII small school...who'd have thought?!?

Elliott Williams was merely mortal but didn't have to be a stud today with 16 pts. Laurence Bowers took up the slack on the inside with 18 points.

Balanced scoring for Baylor...Cooper with 14, Gibson with 13.

http://tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateBBaske...ionII/Game5.htm

The final will be MUS vs. St. George's. It could go either way. Williams is a very special player and Bowers is solid as well. MUS does not have any star players (though Farrahkan Hall has to be close), but they play very well as a team and have a tough 2-3 zone. I'm very surprised that both BA & Briarcrest got knocked out in the 1st round. I was especially suprised to see St. George's knock off BA. Williams pretty much had to be spectacular for them to have a chance... and give him credit b/c he was.

MUS absolutely hammered St. George in the state finals. It was pretty special. Not sure what the final score was but MUS won by 20+. Elliott Williams had an ok game, but it normally takes more then one or two players to win a state championship. MUS plays great team ball. Congrat's to them.

Also, BA's Brandon Brown won the Mr. Basketball award.

Time to start talking about next season!

QUOTE(Trojan Fan @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826394116[/snapback]The St. George's folks I've talked to have gotten a big kick out of the college coaches at their games this year...and the kids have eaten it up. Evidently Calipari and the UVa coach have been there a good bit...and Pearl as well...not typical for the small school DII schools, of course...bit of a fairy tale ride for them right now.

Coach Stallings was there sitting at the baseline floor (like how he coaches at his own gym). The bad part however was that Elliot Williams missed a wide open fast break dunk right in front of him. Elliot Williams is good but I know he could have done better in this chamionship game. Yet, I was impressed with the other Elliot; Elliot Cole from MUS, who had 20something points in the first half and ended up with 31.