Off Season Football Talk

rappy

Since the football board has been closed to non-plus member, talk on the board has really gone into hibernation for a measly twelve bucks.

I know there is a few diehard high school footballers out in CoachT land that would love to have general conversation and updated news of the goings around the state.

I for one was surprise with the coaching merry-go-round with the top Division II schools as well as some other schools. I miss the talk about how some of the school will do this coming year.

* Can Smyrna pull off the 5A two years in a row and the championship trophy will be handed out before the season starts for 2007 as foregone conclusion?

* Will Riverdale, Oakland, and Blackman be playing second fiddle to Smyrna in Region 4-5A?

* Will Science Hill with Scott Smith improve and beat the Dobyns-Bennett or will it me same song, second verse?

* Dobyns-Bennett will go 10-0 and lose in the first round of the playoffs?

* Will Oak Ridge get out of the 2006 funk and challenge Ooltewah for Region 2-5A?

* Is Maryville beatable in 4A? If yes, who?

* Ooltewah and McCallie playing a nine game schedule for 2007 and refuse to play each other?

* Will Gallatin be back strong to repeat a 10-0 season in 5-5A?

* Is Antioch laying claim to Region 5-5A for 2007 while Hendersonville, Hunters Lane, McGavock, Overton, and Gallatin will be fighting for the crumbs?

* Ravenwood takes the "Wood Trophy" from Brentwood in 2007?

* Will Independence & Centennial with new coaches be joining Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, and Dickson County for the fight for Region 6-5A?

* Will anybody challenge Lebanon as top dog for Region 3-5A besides Cookeville and Franklin County?

* White Station looks like a lock for Region 8-5A and Houston, Wooddale, Germantown, and Whitehaven will be whistling in the wind?

* Will Joe Lee Dunn keep Ridgeway on top of Region 7-5A while Bolton, Millington, and Cordova will be runners up in the Region?

* Raleigh-Egypt takeover of Melrose as top Memphis area team in Region 8-4A and beat Maryville at state?

* BA pulled of best off season coaching move during the off-season and will leave McCallie, MUS, & MBA fighting for second place in DII?

* Will the Chinese government remove the internet access locks on the Memphis area and allow access to CoachT?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do I miss most about football during the offseason? Football!

All good storylines/questions, rapbwood. I'm also interested in seeing:

1) How the public/private games fare this year. Preliminary looks at schedules yield far more of these matchups this year than previous ones, particularly ones involving the big privates. MBA, for example, picks up two old District 11 opponents (from the three class days 20 years ago) in Antioch and Hillsboro, as well as two strong WillCo programs in Independence and Ravenwood - a deviation from a non-league schedule that had been delegated to out-of-state opponents and smaller privates.

2) Will any top-notch out-of-state programs find their way on to Tennessee schedules? Since 2000 alone, we've seen many strong regional programs play Tennessee schools: Charlotte Independence, South Panola, Cincinnati St. Xavier, Louisville Trinity, Byrnes SC, et al.. Will #1 above cause a decline in some of these premiere matchups that have occurred in the past?

3) We had some top-notch national recruits in 2006, led by H. Smith, C. Donald, and G. Tate. It would be difficult to match the 2006 class in 2007.

* Will Science Hill with Scott Smith improve and beat the Dobyns-Bennett or will it me same song, second verse?

Ok. My last attempt got erased when I tried to use spell checker so you will have to overlook my spelling.

Science Hill doesn't havent' to beat d-b to show improvement. It's the other nine games in the season that improvement must be shown.Yes, most people want to beat d-b (including me) but going into the last week of the season to play in Kingsport with the Region 1 title in reach is more important. That means the Hilltoppers have taken care of business all season and won't be traveling to the top seed of Region 2 but will be hosting an first round playoff game. I believe that hosting that first round playoff game will get the community involved and any travelling after that will have people traveling to support the team. The last two years the only people that have travelled to Oak Ridge and Ooltewah have been parents and other family memebers. The song and verse at Science Hill under Bowles was to struggle to beat Jeff Co, Karns and Campbell Co to make the playofffs. In my opnion, the new song and verse will be to win the region or be runner up.

Region 5-5A will be a lot closer this year. I can't predict a Region Champ yet but I'll predict the champion loses at least 1-2 games on the season. I just don't see any team going undefeated in 5-5A this year. 7 of the 8 teams should be in the hunt with the exception being Hillwood...those kids deserve better than the hand they've been dealt.

QUOTE(wave88 @ Mar 6 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826402910[/snapback]Region 5-5A will be a lot closer this year. I can't predict a Region Champ yet but I'll predict the champion loses at least 1-2 games on the season. I just don't see any team going undefeated in 5-5A this year. 7 of the 8 teams should be in the hunt with the exception being Hillwood...those kids deserve better than the hand they've been dealt.

I read some past post on Hillwood. It is a real shame Metro can make stellar high schools out of Pearl-Cohn yet let Hillwood fall apart. I still don't know if they got a coach.

I have a question, was it Hillwood or Glencliff with the best wideout speed receiver in Metro. Is he returning in 2007?

I would like to see Gallatin, Overton, Antioch, Hendersonville, and Hunters Lane schedule for 2007. Please post on the main page thread if known.

Great thread.. Same here miss Football. And you guys not talking about us. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> We gonna try and change that. Spring practices going on. Summer camps and combines coming up. The future for the ones that excel. Just love to think about it all the time. TEE IT HIGH AND LET FLY!

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826403091[/snapback]I read some past post on Hillwood. It is a real shame Metro can make stellar high schools out of Pearl-Cohn yet let Hillwood fall apart. I still don't know if they got a coach.

I have a question, was it Hillwood or Glencliff with the best wideout speed receiver in Metro. Is he returning in 2007?

I would like to see Gallatin, Overton, Antioch, Hendersonville, and Hunters Lane schedule for 2007. Please post on the main page thread if known.

Hillsboro probably has the fastest wideout in Eric Gordon.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:25 PM) 826396352[/snapback]* Will Independence & Centennial with new coaches be joining Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, and Dickson County for the fight for Region 6-5A?

I love the way M&M is running his new team. He's got his team working like dogs every afternoon in the weight room. And he definitely is bringing excitement back to the program. We've added alot of new guys this year, and I love the look of the new spread offense. I think we could possibly make some noise this season.

QUOTE(Phoenix27 @ Mar 2 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826397247[/snapback]When did Lebanon join Region 3-5A?

Congratulations, I was wondering if anyone would catch this. Phoenix27 gets the cookie. Lebanon is in Region 4-5A. I was making a point of Lebanon beating Cookeville with Cookeville beating just about everyone else in Region 3-5A. This is why Lebanon is TOP DOG in Region 3-5A because no one else is.

Oops my mistake, Lincoln County was the only 3-5A team to beat 4-5A team during the playoffs. It was Lebanon Blue Devils.

A very wild and ridiculous rumor surfaced about Region 4-5A schools getting together and petitioning the TSSAA to get Lebanon moved into Region 3-5A for losing to 3-5A school during the playoffs. Region 4-5A cannot allow this embarrassment to continue in 2007. Since region 3-5A has currently only 6 schools in the region and Rutherford County is popping up high schools left and right besides its current 6 high schools, it only natural to make the move now. It would even up the regions with 7 teams each for now.

Note: This is only in fun and don’t take this seriously, especially the Coffee County Red Raider "5A Football Fan". It’s only off-season jibber-jabber. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826400357[/snapback]Hillsboro will return strong and only time will tell if they can knock off Maryville.

The heck with Maryville for now with it possible meeting in December, can Hillsboro beat the likes of MBA during the regular season? Thing are really smoking over at MBA with the new coach. Hillsboro has to wonder if it will be the lunch.