Temple vs Friendship

Possumtowner

"real" temple people.... who is that? Over the years it has amazed me of the differing views of all the temple people.

are the "real" ones the ones that are going to stick around even when things get tough...

All Pasture said was he was disheartened by what Seth did after the game... not that big of deal.

And now... back to the game...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the game --

Here's the boxscore:

Friendship 10 14 6 11 — 41

Temple 9 20 13 23 — 65

Friendship Christian (41) — Michael Teeter 17, Garrett McKnight 12, Hatcher 8, Doak 2, Goodner 2

Tennessee Temple (65) — Jeremy Sexton 18, Seth Skogen 16, Josh Smith 13, Dee Newson 12, Brandon Andrews 6

3-point goals: FCS 3 (M. Teeter 2, McKnight); Temple 4 (Skogen 2, Sexton 2).

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826402102[/snapback]It is funny that you say that, I noticed that pasture really started going to town with his posts after the south pitt? win. it is good to know though, glory hogs can be annoying, especially when they are adults who throw bible verses around...I guess I will leave him alone...thanks for the tip gofish12... by "real" Temple people do you mean the people who have been at temple for more than a year?

Actually... I started going to town before the SP win (http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?show ... =0&start=0). In fact, I was one of a very few Temple fans posting and predicting a Temple win. It was the rest of the fans that came on the boards after the win and began to post /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thank you Al Gore for this wonderful invention. Just a couple of thoughts.

It was a high emotion game.

The best team won. Temple was to basketball what FCS was to football. Lets move on.

It was a flagrent foul again, a very high emotion game with nothing called either way does that.

It was an ejection but it was his 5th foul.

Nothing I have seen on here points to why this happened. The referees lost control of this game. They ARE NOT why FCS lost. How many fouls were called in the 1st quarter? ZERO This game was allowed to spiral out of control until frustration took over and good kids started making bad decisions. Both ways folks......This game was called FAIRLY both ways. The fact is it WAS NOT CALLED.

I think most will agree.

2 fine schools, 2 good programs and a bunch of hot tempers in a high emotion game.

If we practice what we teach and preach, lets forgive, move on and fer Ole Possumtowner wish the best of luck to Temple in the State tournament next week.

Git ye a GOLD UN FELLERS!

QUOTE(Possumtowner @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826402131[/snapback]Thank you Al Gore for this wonderful invention. Just a couple of thoughts.

The best team won. Temple was to basketball what FCS was to football. Lets move on.

It was a flagrent foul again, a very high emotion game with nothing called either way does that.

Nothing I have seen on here points to why this happened. The referees lost control of this game. They ARE NOT why FCS lost. How many fouls were called in the 1st quarter? ZERO This game was allowed to spiral out of control until frustration took over and good kids started making bad decisions. Both ways folks......This game was called FAIRLY both ways. The fact is it WAS NOT CALLED.

I think most will agree.

2 fine schools, 2 good programs and a bunch of hot tempers in a high emotion game.

If we practice what we teach and preach, lets forgive, move on and fer Ole Possumtowner wish the best of luck to Temple in the State tournament next week.

well said . . . bring the goldball back to Temple.

QUOTE(Possumtowner @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:29 PM) 826402131[/snapback]Thank you Al Gore for this wonderful invention. Just a couple of thoughts.

I think most will agree.

Well said- I think I might like ole possumtowner!

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826401917[/snapback]Pasture- I regret seeing you post your anti-skogen crap on here once again-- but morons will be morons

and to use the words disheartening- that is pathetic, seth is an extremely emotional player and more emotion he shows the better he plays and the better his team plays... criticize all you want...maybe you should be more concerned about the stupidity and the lies that fly around the temple administration, than a kid who points at his jersey after getting cussed at...

Josh, I do not know if Pasture is who you think he is, but you have worked to hard to get on here and worry about what everybody else is saying. You are a good kid so don't continue to lower yourself to the standards of some. You are angry with Temple and that is fine, just don't make yourself look bad. Good luck at State and good luck in football next season. What is the school you are going to?

QUOTE(Possumtowner @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826402131[/snapback]Thank you Al Gore for this wonderful invention. Just a couple of thoughts.

I think most will agree.

I thought it was well officiated. Let the kids play, I'd rather see 0 fouls in the first quarter than 20. Just a personal oppinion.

QUOTE(tk20football @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826402161[/snapback]Josh, I do not know if Pasture is who you think he is, but you have worked to hard to get on here and worry about what everybody else is saying. You are a good kid so don't continue to lower yourself to the standards of some. You are angry with Temple and that is fine, just don't make yourself look bad. Good luck at State and good luck in football next season. What is the school you are going to?

Yeah FAT RANDY, come on, u know better than that!!

QUOTE(singleAballer @ Mar 6 2007 - 12:05 PM) 826402195[/snapback]I thought it was well officiated. Let the kids play, I'd rather see 0 fouls in the first quarter than 20. Just a personal oppinion.

I would rather see 5 on legitimate hacks, blocks, etc and keep it under control. I understand what you are saying. I hate calling hand checks and phantom fouls but that game last night was physical and full of emotion. An official has to take control. Those 3 did not

Just because a player is confident and/or emotional doesnt mean that player lacks class. I think some people perceive emotion as flamboyance or showboating, and confidence is pretty important factor in this game. So just because Seth is confident and emotional, doesnt mean he lacks class.