post players

iwannascore

Unfortunately if you get a kid that has talent that can pass, run, handle and shoot as a post player they is where they stay. Most post players are around 6'4"in high school. That is more of a guard at the NBA levels. They really do not get the chance to grow those skills early while in high school. You rarely have more than one or two big kids on the team and you gotta have the rebounds. ergo forget the handling, forget the outside shooting, Kids going inside only. It seems coaches have one mind set!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SuperStar008 @ Mar 3 2007 - 01:20 PM) 826398332[/snapback]Personally I'd rather have a Great Post player than a good point guard( but if you cant bring the ball up the court without gettin it stolen, you cant win, no matter how good the post players are) Some of the best games have been won and loss in the physical paint! Post players is where its at!!

I totally agree, the paint is where it is won or lost

I agree with pretty much what everyone one has said seems like most teams are divided you got guards and posts. Both have strong points guards get the ball up and down the court, they call the plays, they can dish the assist, hit the 3's, and drive to the hole. But with out the post who would you have to grab all the garbage that some of the guards throw up, they stand a better chance of making a 3 footer than someone shooting a 20 footer, they are the person to get the ball to if you want to get points from the free throw, and they are pretty much the last line of defense when a guard plays sloppy D and the opponent is looking to drive to the rim. I would consider the post the base of a team because you don't need great guards just some decent ones that can bring the ball up the court, shoot decently, and feed down low.

QUOTE(iwannascore @ Mar 3 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826398322[/snapback]i been watchin some college games on tv and seen sevral high school games this year. why ain't the big guys gettin the ball? post players don't bring the ball down the court so it seems like big guys are useless if nobody gets them the ball.

one team i seen last night lost (imo) cause they don't look at the center. just wondered waht you guys think.

UNION CITY SEEMED TO NOT NEED A POST IN THE REGULAR SEASON, BUT I THOUGHT I READ THAT A POST PLAYER HURT THEM WHEN THEY GOT BEAT IN THE REGIONS.. TRUE???