Congratulations Bartlett Lady Panthers

DUKnowDaGame?

I would like to first of all congratulate the Bartlett Lady Panthers on another great season. Their record of 30-4 included the following championship titles: Lady Dragon’s Holiday Tournament Champs, 14AAA District Champs & 7AAA Region Champs.

The Bartlett Lady Panthers will forever miss Ashley Herring and Nikki Thompson (“Fire & Ice”).

Ashley Herring will never be mentioned as a player of the year candidate for the state. She will never be mentioned as a state tournament MVP. Fact is she has never been a state tournament participant and nor will she ever be mentioned as an All American candidate during her high school years.

However, she was / is one of the most impacting players ever to dawn a high school jersey and go out and represent a TSSAA sanctioned school. Although her natural position is point guard she often played all 5 spots on the floor and sacrificed a lot of scoring (which is all non-basketball minds want to read about) and put her team first.

Nikki Thompson was / is a great competitor and has the heart of a Lion (or should I say a Panther). Nikki is known for dropping the trey but again sacrificed individual accolades to play positions to support the team.

The Bartlett Panther fans salute and will miss these great seniors. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> It has been fun watching you all compete and now we look forward to hearing about your contributions to society as productive citizen leaders.

Oh yeah: good luck at the D1 level Ashley – you are going to flourish at the point position and many colleges are going to regret not having you on their team!

Signed: Your Lifetime Fan – DuKnowDaGame? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826399296[/snapback]I would like to first of all congratulate the Bartlett Lady Panthers on another great season. Their record of 30-4 included the following championship titles: Lady Dragon’s Holiday Tournament Champs, 14AAA District Champs & 7AAA Region Champs.

The Bartlett Lady Panthers will forever miss Ashley Herring and Nikki Thompson (“Fire & Ice”).

Ashley Herring will never be mentioned as a player of the year candidate for the state. She will never be mentioned as a state tournament MVP. Fact is she has never been a state tournament participant and nor will she ever be mentioned as an All American candidate during her high school years.

However, she was / is one of the most impacting players ever to dawn a high school jersey and go out and represent a TSSAA sanctioned school. Although her natural position is point guard she often played all 5 spots on the floor and sacrificed a lot of scoring (which is all non-basketball minds want to read about) and put her team first.

Nikki Thompson was / is a great competitor and has the heart of a Lion (or should I say a Panther). Nikki is known for dropping the trey but again sacrificed individual accolades to play positions to support the team.

The Bartlett Panther fans salute and will miss these great seniors. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> It has been fun watching you all compete and now we look forward to hearing about your contributions to society as productive citizen leaders.

Oh yeah: good luck at the D1 level Ashley – you are going to flourish at the point position and many colleges are going to regret not having you on their team!

Signed: Your Lifetime Fan – DuKnowDaGame? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I'm just glad they are gone...lol just kidding. I enjoyed coaching against those two hard nosed, well polished, athletes these last two years. 14AAA will miss them. I hope to see you all playing D1 next year. 22-8, 28-4, 30-4, 30-4 was their career records at Bartlett 110-20. That's an awesome accomplishment!

QUOTE(DUKnowDaGame? @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826399296[/snapback]I would like to first of all congratulate the Bartlett Lady Panthers on another great season. Their record of 30-4 included the following championship titles: Lady Dragon’s Holiday Tournament Champs, 14AAA District Champs & 7AAA Region Champs.

I guess you could say that Austin Peay State University got in Herring what they call "a steal". Coincidentally, I just found out that former Millington Lady Trojans stars Alicia Watson and Amber Bacon were both starters on the Lady Governers Basketball team this season. I believe Watson is a senior, and Bacon will be completing her senior year next year as Herring enters as a freshman.