Liberty vs. Knox Fulton

nebuntyn

QUOTE(Photoman @ Mar 15 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826412547[/snapback]Libery was pretty awsome. Hats off to a great prefomance. I would be shocked if they didn't win the gold. And as talented as they were, I'm just as proud of Fulton for competing on their level in the 1st half. 2nd half was just a combination of cold shooting and being very undersized. Liberty posters were right about owning the third. Your run showed your dominance.

I know this is basketball, but in football it is common for a team to run the ball up the middle to let the clock run and eventually taking a knee to end the game. There are some teams that can be winning by 4 touchdowns and will throw to the endzone trying to add more points. A phrase I heard a lot this week is "Typical Liberty Basketball". My question to you would be is it typical Liberty basketball to keep the starter in the game when you're up by 25 in the 4th quarter? Or late in the 4th quarter and with the game in hand, continue to launch the 3 pointers in the game? Was it a classy coaching call or a players decision to throw the ally-oop with less than 2 minutes to go? Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound to prove you're th better team.... or maybe it was for PR and not wanting to win by less than 20.

Comments aside... Liberty is a great team. Congratulations and good luck.

You got blasted end of story. Go hibernate. Better yet, with a name like photoman, go take some pictures of your players wounds. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Where are your jokes now?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:32 PM) 826413261[/snapback]You got blasted end of story. Go hibernate. Better yet, with a name like photoman, go take some pictures of your players wounds. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Where are your jokes now?

Hey nebuntyn and P.A.....Tell the truth now...When Fulton put that 17-0 run on ya...You weren't just a tad worried???... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826413266[/snapback]Hey nebuntyn and P.A.....Tell the truth now...When Fulton put that 17-0 run on ya...You weren't just a tad worried???... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ......to tell the truth?....I was impressed with Fulton with that run......we were all looking at each other like, "What the heck is this all about?" But toward the end of the 2nd quarter when the Falcons were bent over and sucking bad air....I knew it wouldn't last.....we've seen that before. Oh there's always room for concern....we were down by 20 last year in the Mitchell game and...in fact we were down in the first game against Haywood last year big and came from behind to win.

Frustrated was the word....not worried....not a bit. I did see some of our fans that don't usually come to the games except for tournament time....they were worried. They just haven't seen what I've seen all year.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826413284[/snapback]/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ......to tell the truth?....I was impressed with Fulton with that run......we were all looking at each other like, "What the heck is this all about?" But toward the end of the 2nd quarter when the Falcons were bent over and sucking bad air....I knew it wouldn't last.....we've seen that before. Oh there's always room for concern....we were down by 20 last year in the Mitchell game and...in fact we were down in the first game against Haywood last year big and came from behind to win.

Frustrated was the word....not worried....not a bit. I did see some of our fans that don't usually come to the games except for tournament time....they were worried. They just haven't seen what I've seen all year.

Yeah,I figured they pretty much shot their wad in that run.......

QUOTE(Photoman @ Mar 15 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826412547[/snapback]Libery was pretty awsome. Hats off to a great prefomance. I would be shocked if they didn't win the gold. And as talented as they were, I'm just as proud of Fulton for competing on their level in the 1st half. 2nd half was just a combination of cold shooting and being very undersized. Liberty posters were right about owning the third. Your run showed your dominance.

I know this is basketball, but in football it is common for a team to run the ball up the middle to let the clock run and eventually taking a knee to end the game. There are some teams that can be winning by 4 touchdowns and will throw to the endzone trying to add more points. A phrase I heard a lot this week is "Typical Liberty Basketball". My question to you would be is it typical Liberty basketball to keep the starter in the game when you're up by 25 in the 4th quarter? Or late in the 4th quarter and with the game in hand, continue to launch the 3 pointers in the game? Was it a classy coaching call or a players decision to throw the ally-oop with less than 2 minutes to go? Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound to prove you're th better team.... or maybe it was for PR and not wanting to win by less than 20.

When you bury somebody you don't typically leave a foot stickin' up out of the ground.....you cover them up. The 2nd team played alot in the 2nd half....the starters were out with 2 minutes to go I think......there were freshmen out there.......yep that's typical

Did you pick up your T-shirt? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .....I'm joking....don't get mad at me. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 05:51 PM) 826413286[/snapback]Yeah,I figured they pretty much shot their wad in that run.......

It's a fact.....it's hard to run with Liberty.

Some advice......if you decide to run with them make sure you can finish it. Most people just can't comprehend how much running is required to stay in that kind of shape.

Much of what people call Dexter running up the score is simple Dexter running his guys in the second half for not doing their job in the first half....because he has other things to do when practice time comes the next day. The opposing team is just in the way of some old fashioned discipline and conditioning. Liberty's guys understand that....that's what they do....they are coachable and are a coaches dream. If I were a college coach....I would go after all five of these guys, much of your work is already done.

">

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826412677[/snapback]Listen Jr., you need to get back to your next period class. I know Dexter and he wants to win, but he doesn't want to embarass DC either. If he lets his Crusaders beat them by more than 40, then he knows it could be returned down the road. We play these teams from the West every year, unlike these other teams. Coach Williams is a class act. Dyer County and White House weren't babbage? They are good teams in a classification with an extremely talented great team.

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826412823[/snapback]Exactly.

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Ok. Lets understand the concept of winning or feeling sorry for the other team.

Liberty's basketball team does not babysit, or cuddle,comfort or sothe the losing team. They come to win.

They have a goal to acheive. Should the coaches pump the brakes and put in all subs? Why? This is State Tournament time,

no letting up ,no regrets. kill or be killed. Liberty killed Knox Fulton. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(Hoops1stLuv14 @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826413534[/snapback]Ok. Lets understand the concept of winning or feeling sorry for the other team.

Liberty's basketball team does not babysit, or cuddle,comfort or sothe the losing team. They come to win.

They have a goal to acheive. Should the coaches pump the brakes and put in all subs? Why? This is State Tournament time,

no letting up ,no regrets. kill or be killed. Liberty killed Knox Fulton. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hey Hoops!!!!