Farragut vs. Catholic

The Zon

QUOTE(akula21 @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:34 PM) 826404240[/snapback]forget the jamboree info, the conditions were horrible. Not to take anything away from LC.

Yes it was a windy day, but both teams had to play in those conditions. For all I know LC had the wind at their back the whole 30 minutes.

I myself had four games in that wind and it was funny to watch the boys and girls attempt free kicks. With the grass being so low the ball would not stop moving.

Still, I don't know what to expect from Catholic until I see them. They lost people in some key positions and didn't go to deep in their bench last year. I know they have some talent and picked up some talented freshman. I give the edge to Farragut's forwards, Chase will control his midfield spot for Catholic, and keepers are pretty even. I will be curious to see the substitution patterns during the game for both teams. I should be able to catch the first half before I have to go to work.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(uniden @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:45 PM) 826404152[/snapback]Catholic Players:

Do not read BigG's posts. He will spend this spring talking about how good you are, in a shameless attempt to inflate your egos just enough /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I thought we had an agreement that you would keep that a secret! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Ha! Actually, I really do think Catholic is a great team. (I know, another shameless attempt)

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Mar 8 2007 - 01:15 AM) 826404371[/snapback]Yes it was a windy day, but both teams had to play in those conditions. For all I know LC had the wind at their back the whole 30 minutes.

I myself had four games in that wind and it was funny to watch the boys and girls attempt free kicks. With the grass being so low the ball would not stop moving.

Still, I don't know what to expect from Catholic until I see them. They lost people in some key positions and didn't go to deep in their bench last year. I know they have some talent and picked up some talented freshman. I give the edge to Farragut's forwards, Chase will control his midfield spot for Catholic, and keepers are pretty even. I will be curious to see the substitution patterns during the game for both teams. I should be able to catch the first half before I have to go to work.

LC did have the wind to their backs for the game, but they surprised Catholic with their speed up top. I think that playing the Oak Ridge J.V. and then around and play a very good LC team was trouble under those conditions. LC could have gone up 3-0.

Catholic will play much better against Farragut and will prevail 1-0.

QUOTE(The Zon @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826403017[/snapback]i know it is just a preseason game but what is everyones thoughts on this game. will it be a blowout by "the soon to be national champs" or could catholic win again, like last year?

I predict a 1-1 tie. This should be a great game, but it is still pre-season and Farragut needs to see who else can play. With 10 starters, it should be easy to know who the main players are- at least in the beginning. Both teams need this to give coaches an idea of what other, younger players can do. Who knows when they will be needed due to injuries.

QUOTE(Parke865 @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826404916[/snapback]any team that loses to Lenior City's "Soccer Team" shouldnt be on the same field as farragut

Yeah... never mind that they made it to the state finals, beat Farragut and Bearden last year pre-season. You have a good point.

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826404966[/snapback]Yeah... never mind that they made it to the state finals, beat Farragut and Bearden last year pre-season. You have a good point.

That was last year though, from what I saw at the jamboree I'm not all that worried about them.

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826404966[/snapback]Yeah... never mind that they made it to the state finals, beat Farragut and Bearden last year pre-season. You have a good point.

Big G , You suprise me, I thought you agreed Farragut don't take scrimmages to heart because coach plays everyone. Catholic is always good and will not be underestimated just played the same