Farragut vs. Catholic

The Zon

QUOTE(Parke865 @ Mar 8 2007 - 03:13 PM) 826405036[/snapback]Why does that matter Big G?

It doesn't at all. I just like to know who guys play for. No harm intended.

Big G , You suprise me, I thought you agreed Farragut don't take scrimmages to heart because coach plays everyone. Catholic is always good and will not be underestimated just played the same

I do agree. That was not a bust on Farragut (or at least was not meant to be) but a defense of Catholic. To say that a team doesn't deserve to be on the same field is a little harsh, especially when they have proven themselves in the past.

Final score:

Catholic 1

Farragut 0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Parke865 @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826404916[/snapback]any team that loses to Lenior City's "Soccer Team" shouldnt be on the same field as farragut

New guy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Catholic 1

Farragut 0

QUOTE(Hoya @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:37 PM) 826405294[/snapback]New guy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Catholic 1

Farragut 0

Were you there? I didn't see you, you should have stopped by and said hello (though a trip down that stupid hill might have put you onto the field!)

I thought Catholic did very well the first half, and Farragut the second. It took a while for Farragut to get started, though I believe they were trying some new things (as Coach Culbreth usually does). Farragut had some great looks in the last 10 minutes, but Catholics keeper was up to the task, and performed well, as usual. That field was pretty bad, though. Made the touches more than a bit off.

Didn't get to see the second half, but it is good to hear Farragut had some shots on goal. The first half was a bit sad if you are a Farragut fan. No organization in the back and was that a flat four I was watching. You better have a strong defensive midfielder if you want to play that formation. They did have some nice ball movement when they were able to get the ball to their feet.

Very impressed with Catholic's pressure on the ball in the attacking third and their defensive effort by the back line also. Could have been 2-0, except for the nice goalie play on the 1v1. I thought Ricardo played well up top and was very composed on the ball. Chase will also be a force at the left midfield spot for Catholic all season. Of course the little guy in the middle won loose balls and goal kicks against much bigger players and distibuted the ball well.

Good atmosphere for a preseason game.

Catholic came into the 1st 15-20min of the game really hard, farragut dominated the second half in my opnion though but even with all their attempts on goal they couldn't seem to bury one in the back of the net....don't get me wrong though, Catholic had a good game and deserved the win

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826405310[/snapback]Were you there? I didn't see you, you should have stopped by and said hello (though a trip down that stupid hill might have put you onto the field!)

I thought Catholic did very well the first half, and Farragut the second. It took a while for Farragut to get started, though I believe they were trying some new things (as Coach Culbreth usually does). Farragut had some great looks in the last 10 minutes, but Catholics keeper was up to the task, and performed well, as usual. That field was pretty bad, though. Made the touches more than a bit off.

Well put Big G, very well put. Farragut was slow off the start, and I think thats what killed them. They did have some good shots on the goal, but they were already into a hole they couldnt get out of. And as for who I play for... I'll let you figure it out? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />;)

QUOTE(Parke865 @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826405602[/snapback]Well put Big G, very well put. Farragut was slow off the start, and I think thats what killed them. They did have some good shots on the goal, but they were already into a hole they couldnt get out of. And as for who I play for... I'll let you figure it out? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />;)

YOU PLAY FOR FARRAGUT

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826405310[/snapback]Were you there? I didn't see you, you should have stopped by and said hello (though a trip down that stupid hill might have put you onto the field!)

Hey G. I didn't make the scrimmage. I posted after I got a call from one of my well-placed but unnamed sources. It sounded like a typical West Knoxville high school match. Bad field, well played, pretty even with both sides having good moments. I am personally glad to see the Irish defense coming together much more quickly than I would have anticipated. I thought their offense was likely to recover from last year's graduation losses more quickly than having to replace Joel Adams in the back. I'm looking forward to seeing them play soon and I'm definitely looking forward to playing (and beating) CAK in a 4th game this year. We'll see. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Farragut was trying two new formations that we have never praticed. Coach told us before the game what they were and to adjust as best we could. It was very frustrating, but to coach's credit he took blame for the confusion. He always stresses these are scrimmages to try things out and we did. It is hard to play your best in things new. So if scrimmages are what you measure us on, we lost, if listening to our coach and trying different stuff when it doesn't count measures us then we won!! So to you who put so much weight on this SCRIMMAGE, oh well, we will see how it works when we are playing our normal game.

Congratulations to Catholic for a good game.

To those of you who feel we aren't for real, you will just have to see!

QUOTE(Lion101 @ Mar 9 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826405962[/snapback]Farragut was trying two new formations that we have never praticed. Coach told us before the game what they were and to adjust as best we could. It was very frustrating, but to coach's credit he took blame for the confusion. He always stresses these are scrimmages to try things out and we did. It is hard to play your best in things new. So if scrimmages are what you measure us on, we lost, if listening to our coach and trying different stuff when it doesn't count measures us then we won!! So to you who put so much weight on this SCRIMMAGE, oh well, we will see how it works when we are playing our normal game.

Congratulations to Catholic for a good game.

To those of you who feel we aren't for real, you will just have to see!

That is what scrimmages are for. To try out new things. Coach Culbreth always does that. I think we put too much into the scoring results of scrimmages rather than the learning results of scrimmages (shoot, I get caught up in it, too... I believe it is the competitive nature in all of us)

Lose the ones you can, and win the ones you have to. I am sure that the Farragut players would have been much less satisfied if Coach tried this new line up against Bearden for the first time during regular season. Farragut didn't seem to possess the ball as well as they have in the past. If I had to guess, it was a combination of the new line up, and the field. You couldn't make a straight pass on any part of that field. It was frustrating enough to watch, let alone to play on. What will it take for Farragut to get a new field? They have the room there at the middle school. How did Bearden get it done?

Lion101... once again, please accept my apologies if I seemed to demean the Farragut team. That was not my intent. You know I hold Farragut to the highest standards. Any chance of you revealing what number you are?