Chattanooga area top 10

Indian

I am proud of Sale Creek. It is such a little community and they have done well playig with the "big dawgs". I do believe they have earned their respect. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Who knows what will happen this season. I still say that Bradley shouldn't be overlooked so easily. Take out the tournement where they were all beat up in, and they have been strong. Sure the first two season games were not your toughest competitors. But they won 8-0 against Boyd Buchanan just a couple weeks ago. They won all of their scrimmages-which I know doen't mean much in stats, but still shows where they stand up against other teams. They will be tough defensivley-and well, you can't complain about the offense either. Didn't they shut out in two of their scrimmages 8-0 and 7-0. Add that to the 10-0 and 14-0 season wins and you can't snub them offensivley either. Bradley has always played with two or three seniors for several years. This year they start 6 seniors, and several of them are hotshots who have been the backbone to the team for a year or two. In fact, almost all of them have been starters for Bradley for two years already.

I think you are wrong about Walker Valley. They do play some tough teams this season, so (in their defense) it will be hard to go on win/loss alone with them. Historically, WV hasn't had very good seasons. Last year, they lost about half of their district games. But I will say this about WV-they CAN be a tough team when you least expect them to. Every now and then, they can really pull off a good upset. But so far, all of their wins have been close this year other than Grace Academy. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't grant them with too much credit at this point. I guess time will tell.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(onlyball4sc12 @ Mar 27 2007 - 08:18 AM) 826423724[/snapback]Sale Creek played Rhea Co. in a tournament in East Ridge and beat them with our JV in the field so, I'm not sure I agree with them being top 10.

Also Sale Creek is a single A team and they beat Central which I think is a AAA team?

The score of that game was 8-2.

So they're doing much better than .. 2 to last?

They weren't second to last, they were probably 19 out of about 30. Sale Creek was 1-1 when I made the list. East Ridge, I imagine that was a playday and you never know who Rhea County had on the field at the time, too. Central wasn't in the top 20 at the time, and I was trying to go by strength of schedule. Since then, Sale Creek lost to Sequoyah, who isn't that strong, if I was doing another that would affect Sale Creek's rating. Like I said, that's probably it for any rankings as not enough results are called into the paper or put on here. It's too bad more coaches/parents don't want the results known enough to take 5 minutes to do that, or a minute to put them on this site.

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 27 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826424044[/snapback]They weren't second to last, they were probably 19 out of about 30. Sale Creek was 1-1 when I made the list. East Ridge, I imagine that was a playday and you never know who Rhea County had on the field at the time, too. Central wasn't in the top 20 at the time, and I was trying to go by strength of schedule. Since then, Sale Creek lost to Sequoyah, who isn't that strong, if I was doing another that would affect Sale Creek's rating. Like I said, that's probably it for any rankings as not enough results are called into the paper or put on here. It's too bad more coaches/parents don't want the results known enough to take 5 minutes to do that, or a minute to put them on this site.

Many if Rhea County and Sale Creek's girls are very good friends. Many of them play summer ball together, and they know pretty well who was in the field and it was their starters.

QUOTE(chocolatedrop9 @ Mar 29 2007 - 08:10 AM) 826425583[/snapback]Many if Rhea County and Sale Creek's girls are very good friends. Many of them play summer ball together, and they know pretty well who was in the field and it was their starters.

It was still a playday, right?

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826412302[/snapback]This is for my own entertainment as much as anything, don't think too much into any of it.

I guess this part didn't sink in, nor the part about being unable to judge teams with 20 games played but with only six results listed in here (and their opponents). Same for some teams being listed as 0-0 (Bradley-who we read on here has to be better than Walker Valley, Notre Dame, 2007 Hamilton County playday champs), or 1-1 (Sale Creek, plus more if you want to count a playday win over Rhea County-and maybe even Rhea's starters at that), when the first two lists were made.

QUOTE(addicted_2_softball @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826423983[/snapback]I am proud of Sale Creek. It is such a little community and they have done well playig with the "big dawgs". I do believe they have earned their respect. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Who knows what will happen this season. I still say that Bradley shouldn't be overlooked so easily. Take out the tournement where they were all beat up in, and they have been strong. Sure the first two season games were not your toughest competitors. But they won 8-0 against Boyd Buchanan just a couple weeks ago. They won all of their scrimmages-which I know doen't mean much in stats, but still shows where they stand up against other teams. They will be tough defensivley-and well, you can't complain about the offense either. Didn't they shut out in two of their scrimmages 8-0 and 7-0. Add that to the 10-0 and 14-0 season wins and you can't snub them offensivley either. Bradley has always played with two or three seniors for several years. This year they start 6 seniors, and several of them are hotshots who have been the backbone to the team for a year or two. In fact, almost all of them have been starters for Bradley for two years already.

I think you are wrong about Walker Valley. They do play some tough teams this season, so (in their defense) it will be hard to go on win/loss alone with them. Historically, WV hasn't had very good seasons. Last year, they lost about half of their district games. But I will say this about WV-they CAN be a tough team when you least expect them to. Every now and then, they can really pull off a good upset. But so far, all of their wins have been close this year other than Grace Academy. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't grant them with too much credit at this point. I guess time will tell.

So nice to be called out by our classless neighbors on the south side of town. Someone gives their opinions about teams and ask other thoughts and instead of giving your top ten you decide to give everyone an update of your teams resume and then make outlandish comments about another. Here is a lesson I learned as a child that might be helpful for you in the future: If you are good at something then other people will notice and brag on you, but you never tell others how great you are. That was free! You should be good if you are starting 6 seniors. Walker Valley only has two this year and on some nights starts 4 Freshmen. They had two starters quit to focus on junior olympic volleyball two weeks into practice minus the two starting seniors from last year. I would say they play a tough schedule since it includes GPS, Soddy, Baylor, Ooltewah (twice), Boyd Buchanan, Notre Dame, Hume-Fogg, Trinity Christian and of course Bradley. As for last year, they were without the two starters that quit for more that 30 games of the season along with a shortstop that reinjured her ankle and had to miss games while managing to defeat McMinn, Cleveland and Bradley to make it to the district championship game where they lost on a 3 run homerun with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. You say that historically WV has not had good seasons. In 04 they had a 30-16 record and finished 4th at the State Tournament with only 11 players and no seniors. In 05 they went 37-13 finishing as the State Runner-up with only 3 Seniors. Please don't grant them credit as you say and maybe they will pull off one of those good upsets that you least expect in the district tournament again this year. You need to try being addicted to facts instead of softball. You might not make as big a fool out of yourself. I would imagine that Indians' high ranking is due to the fact that Walker

Valley has had a few great seasons and earned the respect of their softball peers. I promise that if you put up numbers and wins that they will speak for themselves and people like myself that truly are addicted to softball will give you the credit you need and desire. I will start first; Bradley has some strong sticks, some confidence, some maturity, some good kids, some desire and some good players and on some nights they can play with almost anyone. Good luck to them this year except during the district tournament.

QUOTE(wildukcats @ Mar 29 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826426306[/snapback]So nice to be called out by our classless neighbors on the south side of town. Someone gives their opinions about teams and ask other thoughts and instead of giving your top ten you decide to give everyone an update of your teams resume and then make outlandish comments about another.

I didn't realize I was being rude. I thought I was being honest about my thoughts on top ten. Bradley does deserve to be in the Chattanooga top ten, just as I predicted. So far, it all seems to be true too! WV has had two non-tournament losses since my post, one being a district game against Rhea County. And btw, in 04 WV was in AA even though your school was just as big as Bradley. That is why you had to step up in divisions.

As far as responding to the rest of the comments-TRUCE? It was just an observation! There was not any disrespect intended. You had that wrong! I extend my apologies to you if I offended you!

Without having all the scores, I'll try it again.

1-Soddy-Daisy

2-GPS

3-Ooltewah

4-Baylor

5-Hixson

6-Chattanooga Christian

7-Notre Dame

8-Rhea County

9-Bradley

10-Boyd-Buchanan

Others considered: Walker Valley, Meigs, Red Bank, Sweetwater

Bradey might be higher but at least according to the scores on here, the quality of opposition isn't as high as that of others above them.