9AAA standings, scores, etc.

eagle26

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826438431[/snapback]Not sure what smyrna team you have watched whoolleyman...i have seen them about 4 times and they are carried by 1-7. their top of the line-up is solid. against beech and mj they were carried by the 3-5 hitters. #5 hitter, hogan, drove in both runs against mj, and one against beech. gray hits third. egerton hits 4th and has 7 homers. townes hit the go ahead homer aginst gallatin and he hits 6 or 7 in the line-up. they area balanced team and their pitching, top to bottom, is as strong as anyone else's in the district. will smyrna run the table...probably not. in fact i would say definitely not. but are beech and mj far superior. not right now, or at least they haven't shown it. and who exactly is going to give them these 3-4 losses. they have two games left with both wilson central and hendersonville. they have lavergne, and gallatin again. (might lose one of those) beech might beat them at smyrna. but i don't think mj has a shot bc if hill throws tonight against beech, mj is throwing their #2 against sonny. I don't see how you think sonny will get "ripped" considering he just no hit them and struck out 16. mj didn't even hit a ball out of the infield. 16 Ks, and 5 ground balls. I would really be surprised if mj came out and ripped sonny. he is beatable, by all means, any pitcher is. But i don't think there is a team in the district that is capable of "ripping" him.

I agree with justafanman that Smyrna has a decent all-around ballclub, and their 3,4, & 5 hitters may have carried them against MJ, but against Beech only the 3 hitter did that (Gray was 1-3 with the homer). 4th hitter was hitless, reaching on a fielder's choice. 5th hitter was hitless, reaching on a walk and an error.

That said, I'm not sure that I see Smyrna losing 3-4 games either, but as tough as 9AAA is, lots of stuff can happen between now and the tourney.

Hendersonville defeats LaVergne 3-1, Tues. night, leading to these updated standings (per the HHS website) --

District 9AAA Standings--

1. Smyrna (5-1) Wins: MJ,L,B,G,WC Losses: MJ

2. Beech (5-1) Wins: G,H,WC,L,MJ Losses: S

3. Mt. Juliet (4-2) Wins: L,H,G,S Losses: S,B

4. Gallatin (3-3) Wins: H,WC,L Losses: B,S,MJ

5. Hendersonville (2-3) Wins: WC,L Losses: B,G,MJ

6. LaVergne (1-5) Wins: WC Losses: MJ,S,B,G,H

7. Wilson Central (0-5) Wins: Losses: B,H,G,L,S