North Greene vs. Unaka

districtted

Although I've only seen them play one game, this might be N. Greene's year in the conference. I watched them play in the Unaka jamboree against Unicoi Co. & I was very impressed with their defense. Also, their pitcher seemed to have improved from last year. Unaka is young this year having lost 5 seniors to graduation. Defense seems to be their main problem right now but that will improve as the year goes along & rest assured that Coach Hicks is aware of the problem & they are working hard on it. Unaka's pitching is good so far & their hitting is coming around. This should be a fun matchup to watch this year. Go Rangers!!

QUOTE(#12fan @ Mar 18 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826416808[/snapback]I was under the impression that University High lost 5-6 players to graduation also. I know their pitcher (whose name escapes me right now) returns but very few position players. Can anyone fill me in?

Is the pitcher Amanda Cooper?

There is no denying that the North Green vs. Unaka game will be a good one. I however think that Unaka will come out on top because of the way they played against Cloudland, it was a big improvement from the first 3 games. They are coming back strong and will be a great team just like they have been in the past if they continue the hard work!!!!

GO UNAKA!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched most of the game between North Greene and Unaka yesterday. North Greene's pitching has improved, and they were able to move around base runners very well. Unaka can still come out and be a very strong ball team. I saw a lot of pop-ups that could have been good base hits, and errors that don't normally happen. The Lady Rangers need to gain some faith in themselves not as individuals but as a team. I know they'll do well if they just stick together.

Go Unaka!

QUOTE(MHeaton50 @ Mar 28 2007 - 09:50 AM) 826424693[/snapback]I watched most of the game between North Greene and Unaka yesterday. North Greene's pitching has improved, and they were able to move around base runners very well. Unaka can still come out and be a very strong ball team. I saw a lot of pop-ups that could have been good base hits, and errors that don't normally happen. The Lady Rangers need to gain some faith in themselves not as individuals but as a team. I know they'll do well if they just stick together.

Go Unaka!

Shouldn't you be in class young lady?

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yeah, what he said. You on Spring Break?

First, Congratulations to North Greene. And, I hope I get the name right - - Tasha Hall(?) pitched a terrific game. That, and the Huskies kept the pressure on with their bats. A lot of capable hitters throughout the lineup.

Unaka made a couple errors early, and as MHeaton said, they missed a couple fly-balls. But it's encouraging to see Ronnie Hicks coaching as though his Lady Rangers were in the regional finals. The players were listening, and you could see the improvement, even during the game, especially in the batters box, in the latter innings - better, more-level swings. Sophomore, Hannah Colbaugh had solid hits in her last two at bats; great adjustment. The younger hitters/fielders will get much better, and soon.

Sallee Taylor battled throughout. She must have thrown near two-hundred pitches in the 4 to 14 loss. Credit North Greene's good hitting, but, also, the Unaka defense missed a few otherwise routine plays.

And, McKinsie < (I'll check the spelling) Eggers played with an awful gash just below her right knee. OUCH! Courageous.