Kingston at Oneida

kazam37

Neither one of these teams has "raced" out the gate. In the last 5 - 6 years these two have been behind CAK and Catholic in this District, but reviews have been mixed this season. How will the game go tomorrow and who has the edge going in? I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in Kingston's rough go at the Indy Tourney, since those teams are all pretty good clubs. Who the "stud" for Kingston? Belisle, solidifies Oneida's backfield but he isn't the only one with experience. Oneida is mixing experience with some new, but not nessesarily young kids. Deweese has 10 gears and runs forever. Hope both teams are injury free coming in, and we get a great match.

Kaz

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indians have two results: They played Stone Memorial (solid team) and lost 4 - 0, but Stone scored 3 "quick" goals in the first and didn't score their fourth until a few minutes before the conclusion of the game. Oneida was solid through the middle of the game and missed two excellent chances to score. Their other game was against Harriman 9 - 0 and seven different players scored, including two primary defenders. Nothing to write home about, but you asked. Our inexperience is working against us, but you overcome that as you go! Right? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Kaz

p.s. So what about Kingston?

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Mar 19 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826417607[/snapback]No reply........figures. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I actually would love to see this game. I think Kingston is going to come out strong (I think they aren't too happy with the wayn their season has started, and are ready to change it). I have no idea what Oneida has this season, but they always seem to have a few players who can get the job done.

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Mar 19 2007 - 02:16 PM) 826417607[/snapback]No reply........figures. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Give a man a minute Kaz, I have a 45 minute commute to practice and had to take off before I could reply. I think Kingston has some strong players down the middle. When we played them they were missing their starting keeper so no idea there. The sweeper was strong, as well as the center mids and a target up top, I don't remember the numbers so I can't help you there. But with the results they have had I don't know if they are at full strength or what is happening. Plus they have played some great teams. I expect a competitive match with a close result. I'm sitting on the fence, I say 2-2 tie.

Oneida and Kingston is a great rivalry, with both teams having their years. There's great respect in Kingston for Oneida and I hope we get to see all of the Swains.

From before the start of the season, Kingston has had both forwards and the starting sweeper hurt and Thomas S. is still recovering from an assassination attempt at the Indy tournament but he'll play. (Did I mention how much I hate the Dual?)

Both teams bring it for this game and I could't possibly predict the outcome. Kingston has a week off after this one so hopefully they can heal up a bit.

Sorry, Akula......I'm used to being hung out to dry. I would think Oneida is pretty solid in the middle, too. In fact, by your definition they appear to be mirror images of each other, except for the goalies. Oneida's Keep is still learning the ropes, and has been a mixed bag so far. His effort is awesome, but he just needs more minutes in front of the net. Ta-Da, Kingston! G. Swain is graduated, the only injury of significance for the team has been C. Losher, last years starting forward (acl). The replacements are doing their best to fill in the hole, but they have a ways to go yet. Kingston had a rough trip at Indy, but our level of respect for them is "healthy". They have put us in our place before when we got the "big head", and although that isn't the case this year, we know what they are capable of. The field is in pretty good shape, even with some sand covering some wet spots. It doesn't effect the ball very much, so it shouldn't be too much of a concern. Thanks for your help, Akula.......sorry for being so impatient.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Kaz

QUOTE(akula21 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:51 PM) 826418883[/snapback]any results????

Kingston 6 Oneida 0

Oneida is better than that score indicates. The field was a total swamp because of the rains. The second goal skipped off a puddle and under the keeper's gloves, and Oneida had at least two runs stopped dead with the ball hitting a puddle. I don't know the name of their young forward but he is extremely fast and the sloppy conditions certainly weren't to his advantage.

Kingston had their starting keeper back in goal but they were still missing their sweeper. Kingston also has several starters playing hurt. They play Oliver Springs Thursday and then get a week off to heal up.

QUOTE(stevescarb @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826418967[/snapback]Kingston 6 Oneida 0

Oneida is better than that score indicates. The field was a total swamp because of the rains. The second goal skipped off a puddle and under the keeper's gloves, and Oneida had at least two runs stopped dead with the ball hitting a puddle. I don't know the name of their young forward but he is extremely fast and the sloppy conditions certainly weren't to his advantage.

Kingston had their starting keeper back in goal but they were still missing their sweeper. Kingston also has several starters playing hurt. They play Oliver Springs Thursday and then get a week off to heal up.

carbs, are you a player or coach? congrats on the win, and I think kingston will be alot tougher when they get everyone back, but I also think OHS will be much stronger in may when all the new players get some experience.

QUOTE(akula21 @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:35 PM) 826419002[/snapback]carbs, are you a player or coach?

Much worse than either one of those noble people. I'm a soccer Dad, ex. asst coach(more like a steppen fetchit) and a has been ref ( but not much of one). I help manage Kingston for now.

OHS is a program on the rise. Any school that makes an internal commitment to its soccer team. like Oliver Springs has, can build one over time. soccer skills take years to develop and the younger a player starts the better. If the little kids see the big kids playing the game for their school, then that gives them the fire down below to play and learn. want a good HS team? Build a middle school team, AYSO, and local lower level club teams. (And grow us some refs who know what a foul looks like while you're at it.)

Speaking of younger players, and maybe it should be a new thread, why does TSSAA make it so hard to have a team in Middle School? All they are accomplishing now is blocking school programs.