Hampton's Coach Mclain resigns

hhsfanforlife

The watauga conference seems to be upside down, with coaching changes. Hampton wants to follow Unaka's lead (as always) and rehire their former coach Jerry White. So I'll tell you what, while I'm posting I'll fix the whole conference.....

Unaka hired back Ronnie Snavely and Hampton's gonna hire Jerry White, So why don't Cloudland go get John Hyatt, he was as successful as Ned. UH can go get Joe Mc Pherson, maybe he'll quit coaching soccer and finish the job that Tony Gordon couldn't. North Green can relive the days of the great Jerome Woosley. Better yet lets just have a Smokey Mountain Conference reunion and bring back David Whaley and Cosby, as well as Honcock County and Coach Seal. Who needs people like Bud Hazlewood, Kelly Oliver, Len Dugger, Leon Tolley, and Brandon Carpenter, when you can have Great "Retreads" like these.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree i like the old school coaches also. i just think it would have been better to get a younger coach at hampton, like ned or carpenter that will be there for years to come and build the program up to where it once was. of course tolley should have been the first choice and i'm sure they didnt offer it to dugger because they never do which is crazy. Len is probably one of the best coaches in upper east tennessee and he cares about the kids other than on the basketball court.

QUOTE(whirlwind @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826425734[/snapback]The watauga conference seems to be upside down, with coaching changes. Hampton wants to follow Unaka's lead (as always) and rehire their former coach Jerry White. So I'll tell you what, while I'm posting I'll fix the whole conference.....

Unaka hired back Ronnie Snavely and Hampton's gonna hire Jerry White, So why don't Cloudland go get John Hyatt, he was as successful as Ned. UH can go get Joe Mc Pherson, maybe he'll quit coaching soccer and finish the job that Tony Gordon couldn't. North Green can relive the days of the great Jerome Woosley. Better yet lets just have a Smokey Mountain Conference reunion and bring back David Whaley and Cosby, as well as Honcock County and Coach Seal. Who needs people like Bud Hazlewood, Kelly Oliver, Len Dugger, Leon Tolley, and Brandon Carpenter, when you can have Great "Retreads" like these.

With all of these coaches coming back into the mix, ole charlie bayless just might have a few more years left in the tank.

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Mar 29 2007 - 04:47 PM) 826426050[/snapback]Coach White Is going to be coach for hampton along with lunceford matheson and ellis. I think that white will get them into shape and reay for the state tournment in a year or so but I really dont know what im talking about.

yea youre right you really dont know what you are talking about. If they dont go to state this year it could be a while before hampton will have the talent again.

I have no idea where Kelly Oliver's going, or, for that matter, if he's going anywhere. Whether he's considering, or being considered, I just don't know. But the suggestion that he's Only taken what's already good to work with is, well, simply unjust.

I'm not suggesting that the primary reason for the past two seasons' state semi-final appearances in football are due only to Kelly's coaching; but I remember all too well, the pitiful state of the junior high program when he took that job. It was laughable. His first couple teams lost only by as much as the other coaches wanted to beat him. And that was, quite often, really bad. He stayed the course, and never lost his enthusiasm, or allowed his players to doubt themselves. Granted, he had help, lots of it, by some very good coaches. But he took the criticism and ridicule, all the while encouraging his players to set goals, and work hard to accomplish them. I think Kelly's last team was this year's senior class, and thus, it's only fair to note his contributions to Hampton Football, even on the basketball thread.

Seems like a couple of weeks ago the "alliance" was the hot topic. Where's the alliance headed now? Sounds like a good question considering Ned's future, leaving Carp behind, McClain fading away and the big blue left looking for answers. Maybe THE KING should apply for both jobs. Think about it.

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Mar 29 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826426050[/snapback]Coach White Is going to be coach for hampton along with lunceford matheson and ellis. I think that white will get them into shape and reay for the state tournment in a year or so but I really dont know what im talking about.

Check out the STAR for the weather report....White Christmas in March.