Hickman Co. High School

meandawg08

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(meandawg08 @ Mar 26 2007 - 06:05 PM) 826423303[/snapback]Let's hear it dawg fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally out of 4A and into the weakest 2A region in the state. How good do you thik we can be?

HC might finsh 4th in the weakest region behind Lewis County, Fairview and Richland /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

first of maybe hickman should be in the weakest region((((which it isnt the weakest))))) beacause hickman sure couldnt hang with anyone in there class and they got lucky with the class BELOW them,and i heard some rumors from some buddies of mine that all the starters are going to hickman and all the players that never get no playign tiem are going to east hickman,and is thats the case will we will really be playing a 4a team,maybe since yall went down to 2a yall might actually do good this year beacasue hickman sure couldnt hang with there own class the reason i say that is because i mean the stats tell the story hickman went 3-7 and all 3 wins they had were against waverly((2a)) shelbyville which was actually in there class but went 1-9,and lawrence county(4a) ............so yea myabe yall can actually beat some in yalls class this year since your in 2a because hickman didnt have any luck in there old class

Hickman Co. will easily be a playoff team in this new region. Lewis Co. & Fairview will be solid playoff contenders that the Bulldogs will have fight to earn a home playoff game in the opening round but outside of that I see this as being one huge question mark of a region. I would like to see Harpeth get back into contention and be able to sneak into the postseason this next season but there are still some serious changes that must take place over in Kingston Springs for that to occur.

Lewis is pretty good ery year. fairview has beaten us in the past, but this year is different. other than those two, in my opinion no one else can hang with us. Scott Sowell is gonna have a break out year. We will lose some players to the new school in west fairview, but no one who will make a difference.

Hickman Co. returns 7 or 8 on def. and 5 or 6 on offense. I think most of those will be jr.s next year and we don't have many sr's. These guys have been playing and starting as soph's in the most athletic 4A region in the state and are now dropping to 2A. They still gotta learn how to beat fairview and Lewis Co. but that might be more doable now since they won't have to turn around and play Maplewood, whites creek, and Hillboro the next week.

QUOTE(PapaKJoe @ Apr 5 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826430491[/snapback]Hickman Co. returns 7 or 8 on def. and 5 or 6 on offense. I think most of those will be jr.s next year and we don't have many sr's. These guys have been playing and starting as soph's in the most athletic 4A region in the state and are now dropping to 2A. They still gotta learn how to beat fairview and Lewis Co. but that might be more doable now since they won't have to turn around and play Maplewood, whites creek, and Hillboro the next week.

Let me see if I understand...you're saying that Hickman Co. prepared differently over the past few years in their loses to Fairview do to their 4A region opponents???? I have met Coach Swinson and I see that as a knock on him, he is a great coach and has his players ready every week. Hickman co. was well prepared last year when they opened the Fairivew game with a KO return. But couldn't hold on and Fairview escaped with the W. So if Fairview and Lewis are more talented while currently in 2A what is your reasoning to think that Hickman will get better while losing athletes from East Middle in the longrun. That's like Saying UT will get better next year if they aren't allowed to recruit in Kentucky, Georgia, and Alabama.

QUOTE(nvrlooscntn @ Apr 5 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826430530[/snapback]Let me see if I understand...you're saying that Hickman Co. prepared differently over the past few years in their loses to Fairview do to their 4A region opponents???? I have met Coach Swinson and I see that as a knock on him, he is a great coach and has his players ready every week. Hickman co. was well prepared last year when they opened the Fairivew game with a KO return. But couldn't hold on and Fairview escaped with the W. So if Fairview and Lewis are more talented while currently in 2A what is your reasoning to think that Hickman will get better while losing athletes from East Middle in the longrun. That's like Saying UT will get better next year if they aren't allowed to recruit in Kentucky, Georgia, and Alabama.

No, not saying that at all. I think in the region we were in in 4A there was never a week of recovery, especially early in the year. In other words you might get fairview, then maplewood, then Hillboro etc. etc. as opposed to LC who might have to get juiced up for about two games per year. It was weekly for us and every week we faced far superior talent. As far as fairview and lc being far more talented.... I don't think thats the case either. They've had far more oppurtunities to learn how to win playing people of their own skill level and nothing teaches winning like winning. The east deal.... we'll just have to wait and see /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(meandawg08 @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:14 PM) 826430138[/snapback]Lewis is pretty good ery year. fairview has beaten us in the past, but this year is different. other than those two, in my opinion no one else can hang with us. Scott Sowell is gonna have a break out year. We will lose some players to the new school in west fairview, but no one who will make a difference.

Since you know so much, tell us who will not make a difference.

And by the way, it is EAST HICKMAN, not west Fairview!!!!!!!!!!

so it is true that all the starters are going back to hickman and the ones that didnt get much playing time are going to east hickman.........................and i didnt no there was a school is west fairview /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />