Bearden vs Catholic

IrishSoccer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pace to this game. Trombley scored for Catholic in the first half, and Radcliff and Zivi scored for Bearden in the second. Derosa had a great game for Catholic with 4 quality saves, even getting his hand to that sick shot of Radcliff. Walker seems to kick it further every year and at some point will end up with a goal if the keeper isn't paying attention. Whoever plays either of these teams will have their hands full.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:47 PM) 826425284[/snapback]Great pace to this game. Trombley scored for Catholic in the first half, and Radcliff and Zivi scored for Bearden in the second. Derosa had a great game for Catholic with 4 quality saves, even getting his hand to that sick shot of Radcliff. Walker seems to kick it further every year and at some point will end up with a goal if the keeper isn't paying attention. Whoever plays either of these teams will have their hands full.

I totally agree... Walker may score a goal on one of those kicks!! For the keeper to get an assist is amazing- what a kick and well timed by Zivi to finish!! The shot by Trombley (? spelling) in the first half from Catholic was an absolute blast!! It was from 35 + yds out. Perfect placement!! Wow!! Then Radcliff hit almost the same shot- another blast- DeRosa got a hand on it, but that didn't matter!! I thought that Catholic played a great style of soccer, their movement with the ball is impressive, as their whole team is great. Bearden just plain had to much power- their style is to attack and attack and attack... it's relentless. Their defense is going to be tough for anyone to beat, with the exception of that blast from mid-field they didn't have nearly as many goal opportunities as Bearden. Still...a great game....either team could end up a champion!! This really adds to the CAK- Catholic game! There has to be some way to change the game between Bearden vs Farragut and Catholic vs CAK- I believe they are at the exact same time. Is there any way to alter the times, date, ....Something??? How about it Big G?? Knoxville needs to see both games- not have to choose between them!! It's not fair to the fans!!!!!!

HEELLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pseudophobia you're right. Currently those games will be #1 v. #2 in A/AA and #1 v. #3 in AAA. How about a soccer doubleheader with both games back to back at a neutral site (UT?)? You would have to work something out for Bearden and Catholic because they would lose home gates. I bet there would be a lot of interest.

QUOTE(Hoya @ Mar 29 2007 - 06:54 AM) 826425571[/snapback]pseudophobia you're right. Currently those games will be #1 v. #2 in A/AA and #1 v. #3 in AAA. How about a soccer doubleheader with both games back to back at a neutral site (UT?)? You would have to work something out for Bearden and Catholic because they would lose home gates. I bet there would be a lot of interest.

I would be up for that. Like you said, though, it would be up to Rosenblad (Leader) and Turner since they are the hosts. I wouldn't even care to move it to Bearden's field (nothing against Catholic's field, but it is a football field) Anyone have connections with UT?

QUOTE(Hoya @ Mar 29 2007 - 06:54 AM) 826425571[/snapback]pseudophobia you're right. Currently those games will be #1 v. #2 in A/AA and #1 v. #3 in AAA. How about a soccer doubleheader with both games back to back at a neutral site (UT?)? You would have to work something out for Bearden and Catholic because they would lose home gates. I bet there would be a lot of interest.

WOW UT would be great. If not UT, maybe Webb can be talked into hosting a double header. Nice full sized field allowing good players to showcase skills and close to all schools participating. It would be great for TN soccer. With the time change, you probably could get both games in before dark. Contact Dave Meske at the school.

I think the biggest problem is the gate and concession money. These games bring in a lot for each school. My suggestion is splitting the gate 50 50 with Catholic and Bearden, but I am not sure if that would work, and I don't know if that would be fair, either.

I totally defer to Coach Turner and Leader. If they would like to do it, that would be awesome, but if they would prefer to have the game at their home field, I completely understand. Hoya, you just need to donate some of that money you earn, and build these boys their own seperate soccer field.

Another point is that I don't know if UT would go for it. You would be opening up a floodgate of requests for teams to play on their field. Plus, I would assume they wouldn't just let us use it for free.

It is a neat idea, though.

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826425354[/snapback]I totally agree... Walker may score a goal on one of those kicks!!

CAK's keeper (Mark Baker) actually scored off of a punt vs. FRA in the State Quarterfinals 4 years ago. I can see Brian Walker doing this, especially on a short field!