Independence 13 Franklin 3

RRaptors03

Will Johnson had a perfect game through 4 innings. IHS scored 10 runs in the top of the 6 which allowed FHS to use 4 different pitchers in one inning and 2 of those pitchers didnt record an out. IHS finished the game with 18 hits and 2 errors.

Is IHS for real or was this just a fluke?

QUOTE(RRaptors03 @ Apr 1 2007 - 03:50 PM) 826427657[/snapback]Will Johnson had a perfect game through 4 innings. IHS scored 10 runs in the top of the 6 which allowed FHS to use 4 different pitchers in one inning and 2 of those pitchers didnt record an out. IHS finished the game with 18 hits and 2 errors.

Is IHS for real or was this just a fluke?

Probably a little of both. Johnson is a solid pitcher but since they only scored 1 against Overton and 4 (in nine innings) against Centenntial, they apparently don't always hit as well as they did that night. 11-AAA should be fun to watch this year.

QUOTE(BT Mafia @ Apr 1 2007 - 07:10 PM) 826427793[/snapback]Probably a little of both. Johnson is a solid pitcher but since they only scored 1 against Overton and 4 (in nine innings) against Centenntial, they apparently don't always hit as well as they did that night. 11-AAA should be fun to watch this year.

Agreed: From what I heard, the 4 innings of no-hit was a lot of Franklin hitting shots right at people. I have seen IHS several times this year. Pretty good team, but very inconsistent. Can hit the ball if you don't throw a decent pitcher. Thank Ffranklin took them a little to soft.

Definitely a fluke! Indy has a lot of young talent and will be a good team in coming years. Right now they are still inconsistent. Johnson is usually just average on pitching and hasn't even pitched much this year. So, I agree FHS didn't think it would be a contest and played a little too soft. I think the records speak for themselves.