District 14-AA

frankiec996

QUOTE(SallyMae @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826428892[/snapback]My Question for Ripley, USJ, and North Side fans is this: Which teams have you beat this year so far?

I believe that in the end, it doesn't matter what the schedule is like, who you beat, or the strenghth of your schedule. It only comes to winning games at the right time--when tournament play starts. In the past, there have been some pretty good teams that have lost a number of games to teams they should have beaten, but end up being State Champs. If my memory serves me correct, Covingon lost a number of games last year, and then they ended up winning it all. At that point, it didn't matter what their schedule was like, who they lost to, or what their strength of schedule was.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BaseballthruNthru @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826429045[/snapback]USJ only has two seniors starting regularly the rest are juniors, and mostly sophomores and freshmen. They are kind of young when you look at it. A freshman is leading the team in homeruns with 8 so far.

I know for a fact that one of these seniors should already be out of school and one junior should be a senior. How old or what grade is this freshman supposed to be in?

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:12 PM) 826429053[/snapback]I know for a fact that one of these seniors should already be out of school and one junior should be a senior. How old or what grade is this freshman supposed to be in?

He's 15 and supposed to be in 9th grade. As for the other two - I assume you're talking about Josh and Clayton? What difference does it make? They're both well within the age limit to play in TSSAA games.

QUOTE(deergirl @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:03 PM) 826429046[/snapback]I believe that in the end, it doesn't matter what the schedule is like, who you beat, or the strenghth of your schedule. It only comes to winning games at the right time--when tournament play starts. In the past, there have been some pretty good teams that have lost a number of games to teams they should have beaten, but end up being State Champs. If my memory serves me correct, Covingon lost a number of games last year, and then they ended up winning it all. At that point, it didn't matter what their schedule was like, who they lost to, or what their strength of schedule was.

Good point about Covington last year! I don't think it even mattered if the head coach was able to breathe in his uniform or not!

QUOTE(wes_c_addle @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:18 PM) 826429058[/snapback]Good point about Covington last year! I don't think it even mattered if the head coach was able to breathe in his uniform or not!

True, and very funny. Covington peaked at the end, which is when it counts.

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:12 PM) 826429053[/snapback]I know for a fact that one of these seniors should already be out of school and one junior should be a senior. How old or what grade is this freshman supposed to be in?

Please quote the TSSAA rule specifing age guidelines for high school sports, so we can all see this rules violation that you are such an expert on. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(matt86 @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:18 PM) 826429057[/snapback]He's 15 and supposed to be in 9th grade. As for the other two - I assume you're talking about Josh and Clayton? What difference does it make? They're both well within the age limit to play in TSSAA games.

A year make all the difference in the worldin high school. Josh should be playing in college not high school this is his 5th year as a player. You tell me if some of the other schools could take some of there best players and keep them an extra year who would have the advantage?

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826429069[/snapback]A year make all the difference in the worldin high school. Josh should be playing in college not high school this is his 5th year as a player. You tell me if some of the other schools could take some of there best players and keep them an extra year who would have the advantage?

Um, why don't they? It's not against the rules. If it were such a big difference, would it be legal right now? I hate to tell you that this is not the first instance of a 19-year-old playing in high school, and it certainly won't be the last. I would speculate that Josh isn't the only one playing in Tenn. as 19-year-old this year.

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:32 PM) 826429069[/snapback]A year make all the difference in the worldin high school. Josh should be playing in college not high school this is his 5th year as a player. You tell me if some of the other schools could take some of there best players and keep them an extra year who would have the advantage?

Yep, 8th,9th,10th,11th, and 12th make 5 years. Good math. That's not keeping them an extra year, it's starting them a year early. Every school in Tenneessee can do same thing, play a eighth grader. And plenty do.

Again, please show us the TSSAA rules prohibiting this. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(OPENLAKE @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:40 PM) 826429077[/snapback]Yep, 8th,9th,10th,11th, and 12th make 5 years. Good math. That's not keeping them an extra year, it's starting them a year early. Every school in Tenneessee can do same thing, play a eighth grader. And plenty do.

Again, please show us the TSSAA rules prohibiting this. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Did your wife figure that out for you? I must have missed something about a violation nobody on here said a word about a violation. One year makes a big difference ask any baseball coach.

QUOTE(matt86 @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:19 AM) 826428751[/snapback]Being that you have attended USJ, Frank, this is pretty amazing - do have any idea about baseball? I can understand picking Ripley because USJ & Ripley are clearly the two best teams. But what is more shocking is that you picked Haywood over Covington. Are you serious?

Why would you assume that I ranked the teams?

I simply numbered them according to the team list on this site.

Get the facts straight before you start accusing me of not knowing anything about baseball jerk.

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:49 PM) 826429086[/snapback]Did your wife figure that out for you?

Too funny! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seriously, it's not uncommon for seniors to vary from 16 to 19 years old. Better check your team's roster before you get on here tossing stones. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />