CASCADE vs. FORREST

FridayMainEvent

Should be an excellent ball game at Cascade today. This should be a great test for our young team. Forrest is always strong and we have the utmost respect for their program. I think this game will actually be decided on the defensive side of the ball. I expect the pitching to be good on both sides so this game will in all likelihood be won by the team with the fewest mistakes in the field! Good Luck Lady Champions!

Should be an excellent ball game at Cascade today. This should be a great test for our young team. Forrest is always strong and we have the utmost respect for their program. I think this game will actually be decided on the defensive side of the ball. I expect the pitching to be good on both sides so this game will in all likelihood be won by the team with the fewest mistakes in the field! Good Luck Lady Champions!

[/quote

LADY ROCKETS WON 5 -0 IN 7 INNINGS

Shelby pitched a great game and we only had one hit against her. Our defense didn't do a good job backing up our pitcher, but this is the first test our young team has had. We don't have a lot of dominant pitching in this district so only seeing a pitcher of Shelby's caliber twice a season is hurting us right now. This is Coach Austin's first season with our team and I think he intends on beefing up our non-district schedule next season. It will be tough for us to compete against the better teams at seasons end without seeing any good pitching through the season. You just can't simulate what a good pitcher like Shelby brings to the table by cranking up the pitching machine. Coach Austin knows that and I know for a fact he is planning on scheduling more tournaments next season to combat the lack of pitching in this district to get his girls ready. We are still striving to compete with Forrest and I think if Austin is given some time we'll get there eventually.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826429646[/snapback]Shelby pitched a great game and we only had one hit against her. Our defense didn't do a good job backing up our pitcher, but this is the first test our young team has had. We don't have a lot of dominant pitching in this district so only seeing a pitcher of Shelby's caliber twice a season is hurting us right now. This is Coach Austin's first season with our team and I think he intends on beefing up our non-district schedule next season. It will be tough for us to compete against the better teams at seasons end without seeing any good pitching through the season. You just can't simulate what a good pitcher like Shelby brings to the table by cranking up the pitching machine. Coach Austin knows that and I know for a fact he is planning on scheduling more tournaments next season to combat the lack of pitching in this district to get his girls ready. We are still striving to compete with Forrest and I think if Austin is given some time we'll get there eventually.

Thanks for the kind words!! Ya'll played a great game, GOOD LUCK in the rest of your season and I am looking foward in playing ya'll again tuesday !! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />