Live Blogging a high school lacrosse game?

kapman7

Ball control by owls. Smart shots,waiting for oppurtunities where the goal is backed up.

Ouch, OK.

WOW. Wide open man on the crease. Who's was the goalie expected to be out there defending that pass? He got hung out to dry there.

OFFsides! could be an oppurtunity to notch it all up again.

Why dodge from behind when you're on man-up? Ick. I know Coach Dent didn't teach them that move.

Needs to be more pressure from MUS if they still have a man up.

Good save by Daniel on the bounce shot.

Good goal by MUS to knot it up.

Lots of scoring tonight, I like it. MUS so far seems to be containing any sort of transition game from the Big Red.

9-9 three minutes left in the third quarter.

Nice ride after a save, but MUS loses possession. Oppurtunities need to be made to win games.

Cahill shot, saved! Followed by a defensive breakdown, MBA goal. Slide man looked lost.

MUS shot, good save, gets the ball back after a ride, then a goal. Getting those balls back is crucial.

I like how the MUS shooters are putting the ball on the turf, making it bounce. Goalies hate low bounces, they are extremely hard to judge. I think night games make it even worse, as the field lights up so much because of the stadium lights.

bad internet, bad!

Also, bad shoooting anfle by Cahill.

12-12 Now.

3:10 left in the fourth.

Uhoh transition... HUGE SAVE by Daniel. Flag on the play though.

Ouch, flag on Daniel! Necessary though, can't give up that goal. Back-up has to come in.

Great decision to toss it way dowfield. And with that, Jason's should be back.

Huge MUS goal, on yet another low bounce. Great shot, Goalie just couldn't come up with the play.

1:30 left, 13-12 MUS.

MUS timeout. MUS practices these game-ending holds almost every day. Let's see if it pays off

MBA needs to bring out their goalie to double. Otherwise they have no chance of getting this ball back.

Penalty on MBA. Game over, MUS wins.

Huge win for the Owls.

Pretty good game to watch. How many MBA v MUS games have now been decided by 1 goal? Both offenses looked good. Cahill, Phipps, and Sanders looked great for MBA. #5 from MUS was impressive. Also saw some nice shots from MUS mids. MBA defense played very poorly as a unit, even and man down. Slides were late. Ramsey did a pretty good job of turning his man back inside a couple of times, only to get no help. A couple of wide open goals from the crease. Miscommunication on a screen helped create game winning goal. Morgan had a bit of an off night stopping the ball, but his clears looked very good. MBA looked good at the faceoff x. MUS D did a good job not allowing a lot of penetration. They were a little sloppy on occassion clearing. Also, MUS O did a nice job of moving the ball quickly to find the open man, but also possessing when necessary. Could say the same for the MBA O. Thought the MBA transition game looked pretty good. Phipps really busts out hard on his break-outs. MUS bench was pumped up throughout the game. Thought the officiating was pretty good. It was really, really cold. Game certainly could have gone either way, and should make for a good match up later in the year if MBA gets another chance. Congrats to the Owls. Nice win on the road.