MBA gunning for repeat title

CoachT

MBA gunning for repeat title

For Montgomery Bell Academy’s lacrosse team, there is one goal and one goal only: Repeating as state champion.

To accomplish that goal, the Big Red (4-4) have been measuring themselves against the best teams they can find and have played teams from all over the South. But on Thursday night, MBA at home fell to Memphis University School 13-12 in a hard-fought game.

QUOTE(coacht @ Apr 6 2007 - 07:23 AM) 826431203[/snapback]MBA gunning for repeat title

For Montgomery Bell Academy’s lacrosse team, there is one goal and one goal only: Repeating as state champion.

To accomplish that goal, the Big Red (4-4) have been measuring themselves against the best teams they can find and have played teams from all over the South. But on Thursday night, MBA at home fell to Memphis University School 13-12 in a hard-fought game.

im not real sure about how MBA is this year, i know they're usually very good...but i do know that this year's McCallie team is supposed to be the real deal...hopefully they can give MBA and MUS a good run for the title, i predict they will...peace out fresh

QUOTE(coacht @ Apr 6 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826431203[/snapback]MBA gunning for repeat title

It doesn't seem like MBA is as good as everyone thought they were. If they are losing to MUS, who McCallie beat 10-5 in a not so stellar performance by McCallie, I don't know how well they will contend for the state title. But you never know how things will play out in the Playoffs.

QUOTE(dfresh89 @ Apr 9 2007 - 08:29 AM) 826432848[/snapback]It doesn't seem like MBA is as good as everyone thought they were. If they are losing to MUS, who McCallie beat 10-5 in a not so stellar performance by McCallie, I don't know how well they will contend for the state title. But you never know how things will play out in the Playoffs.

Yeah you're right about that. I seem to remember last year a couple mccallie kids saying they would win the championship by 10+ goals way back in March. Let's put the not so stellar performances aside (didn't they just lose to brothers?). I'm not surprised that these kids assume that the championship is theirs after one loss, just pumped to see how MBA reacts.

Shallow be thy game...we'll see how this thing plays out.

• 2 weeks later...