Page 9. Hillsboro 7 - Logan Adams has 5 RBI's & HR

PageMan

Hillsboro.....1..5..0....1..0..0....0.....7..8..2

Page...........2..3..0....0..1..3....X.....9..9..5

Page Starting Pitcher - Hayden Smith - 2 inn - 6 runs - 4 ER - 5 hits - 0 K - 2 walks - 1 hit batter

Page Reliever with Win - Ben Olivares - 4 inn - 1 run - 0 ER - 3 hits - 1 K - 0 walks

Page Reliever with Save - Kory Hammock - 1 inn - 0 runs - 0 ER - 0 hits - 2 K - 0 walks

Hillsboro Starting Pitcher with Loss - Steven Beckham - 5.67 inn - 9 runs - 8 ER - 8 hits - 1 K - 5 walks

Hillsboro Reliever - Allatne Green - 0.33 inn - 0 runs - 0 ER - 1 hit - 0 K - 0 walks

Hillsboro scored 1 run in the top of the 1st as Jimmy Eckles singled and scored on a double by Max Harvell. Twice during the inning, Page made plays at the plate to stop Hillsboro runners from scoring.

Page scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 1st as Jeff Hughes walkd with 2 outs, stole 2nd, and scored on a single by Logan Adams. Adams also stole 2nd and scored on a single by Trevor Scott as Page takes the lead at 2-1

Hillsboro added 5 runs in the top of the 2nd as Andre Sanders reached base on a FC6 with 2 outs, Allante Green walked, and both advanced on a balk. Brandon Vanderloop was hit by a pitch to load the bases. Jimmy Eckles then singled which scores Sanders. Branden Harden walked which scored Green. Max Harvell reached base on an infield error which scored Vanderloop's CR Braxton Pearson. Eric Stohl singled which scored Eckles. Corey Jordan reached base on an infield error which scored Stohl as Hillsboro takes the lead at 6-2. Hillsboro sent 11 batters to the plate as Page made a total of 3 errors during the inning.

Page answered with 3 runs in the bottom of the 2nd as both Matt Blankenship and Andrew Mutz singled, Kory Hammock sac bunted to advance the runners, and Scott Lynn was intentionally walked to load the bases. Jeff Hughes walked to score Blankenship. Logan Adams walked to score Mutz and Cody Webb hit a sac fly to score Lynn's CR David Seeman as the score is now 6-5 Hillsboro.

Hillsboro added their final run in the top of the 5th as Max Harvell reached base on an infield error, advanced on a single by Eric Stohl, and a FC6 by Corey Jordan, and scored on a 5-3 ground out by Terry Grimes as Hillsboro now leads 7-5.

Page added a run in the bottom of the 5th as Trevor Scott reached base on an infield error and scored on an infield throwing error on a ball hit by Tyler White as the score stands 7-6 Hillsboro

Page won the game in the bottom of the 6th as Kory Hammock doubled, Scott Lynn singled, and with 2 outs, Logan Adams blasted the ball over the left field fence to put Page ahead 9-7.

Page held Hillsboro scoreless in the top of the 7th as Kory Hammock came on in relief of Ben Olivares to strike out 2 batters and end the game with a 4-3 ground out.

You should come to some games, CU. Page plays at home tonight (Mon., Apr. 9) against district opponent Giles Co. I tried to watch the Bobcats this weekend in Winchester and Tullahoma, but I got lost going to Winchester and was late getting to Tullahoma after Page's win over Hillsboro on Sat. While Giles won the first game each day, they lost the 2nd game each day. I wish I had seen the early games to observe their hitters. I don't think I saw their best pitchers either since nobody uses their best pitchers in weekend tournaments. I believe that Giles' overall record is 11-6, 2-2 10-AA - very close to Page's record of 11-5, 2-2 10-AA. Should be some great games tonight at Page and Wed. in Pulaski.

QUOTE(PageMan @ Apr 9 2007 - 06:02 AM) 826432793[/snapback]You should come to some games, CU.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You are a funny man, PageMan!! I'll be there asap after work tonight!!

You know I'll be there unless I'm in the hospital or something... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(PageMan @ Apr 9 2007 - 06:02 AM) 826432793[/snapback]You should come to some games, CU. Page plays at home tonight (Mon., Apr. 9) against district opponent Giles Co. I tried to watch the Bobcats this weekend in Winchester and Tullahoma, but I got lost going to Winchester and was late getting to Tullahoma after Page's win over Hillsboro on Sat. While Giles won the first game each day, they lost the 2nd game each day. I wish I had seen the early games to observe their hitters. I don't think I saw their best pitchers either since nobody uses their best pitchers in weekend tournaments. I believe that Giles' overall record is 11-6, 2-2 10-AA - very close to Page's record of 11-5, 2-2 10-AA. Should be some great games tonight at Page and Wed. in Pulaski.

Very exicted to see these games also! What about the schedule this year(meaning the back-to-back district games)? I like the scheduling because it makes you have more than one pitcher to win, but I'm afraid it may have made this district too even. Your thoughts?

QUOTE(SuperSport @ Apr 9 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826433029[/snapback]Very exicted to see these games also! What about the schedule this year(meaning the back-to-back district games)? I like the scheduling because it makes you have more than one pitcher to win, but I'm afraid it may have made this district too even. Your thoughts?

I'm still getting used to the "back-to-back" district games after many years of the games being spread out over the season. This schedule also prevents me from seeing the best pitchers some and forces me to watch the other district opponents in week end tournaments where they may not play their best games. It has evened up things however with 4 teams at 2-2 going into today's games. Pitching has become more important in this format as you really need to 2 excellent starters plus at least 2 or 3 good relievers and a good closer. Today's games of Giles Co. at Page, Spring Hill at Marshall, and Lewis Co. at Loretto probably favor the home teams, but the rematches could be closer games as the teams go with their #2 pitchers. Today's games will mark the half-way point of district games so the winners will have a slight advantage in the standings. Marshall Co. (3-1) could come out the leader with the win.