Grace Academy's QB

gordonlee92

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigbody1220 @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826444198[/snapback]The guy is a good player, and could do well at GL or Grace. He was only a Soph. and if he works on his passing in the off-season he could be a good dual threat QB.

I agree BigBody as I have mentioned many times my kids go to Gordon Lee and their only inexperience that stands out is at QB where they have a sophmore and junior with little playing time. I keep up with Tennessee high school football because I was born and raised and work in chattanooga.I also have seen Josh play and if he had the right supporting cast he would be better than good.There is not to many throws that he cant make and his running speaks for itself.As for jamesetta1 if you watched the games he played in as a sophmore what would make you say he could only throw a short pass other than he was running for his life every play and he had to get rid of it.I only wish Gordon Lee was the only school in the running for Josh but I know there are other schools that would be interested in Josh transferring.

QUOTE(jamesetta1 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826444966[/snapback]I agree he did'nt have much protection,but he just did'nt make good dicsissions with the ball to me. and i have watch him play since little leauge.

I am real interested who you are not what you say anymore because I was his coach in his first three years of ymca ball with his Dad and as he matured as a QB some big name coaches in the area talked about how he was one of the most poised QB's they had seen at that age.Maybe you could explain making good decisions since you have watched him for a number of years

QUOTE(Farmboy1 @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826444992[/snapback]I am real interested who you are not what you say anymore because I was his coach in his first three years of ymca ball with his Dad and as he matured as a QB some big name coaches in the area talked about how he was one of the most poised QB's they had seen at that age.Maybe you could explain making good decisions since you have watched him for a number of years

What grades did you coach him in?

QUOTE(jamesetta1 @ Apr 25 2007 - 10:49 AM) 826445044[/snapback]I want mention my name but, i am a parent of one of his teamates from the ymca ,as far as making good dicsisiions i just ment he looks to run to much.But he is young he will get better.

You seem to change your toon a little each time because the 3 years I helped his Dad and the years leading to his playing time at grace after we moved he stayed in the pocket and handed off or passed.As a matter of fact his 8th grade year he rarely ran.As far as High School that is totally there philosphy to run more with JOSH because I know his Dad is more of a balance coach and would like to see Josh throw earlier and more in games.

QUOTE(tk20football @ Apr 25 2007 - 11:23 AM) 826445069[/snapback]What grades did you coach him in?

His 1st year to play was at age 9 he didnt even play QB he was a receiver so 9&10, .4th ,5th grades.His Dad started helping me in the 4th grade Josh didnt play when he was 8 that was when my son started.

QUOTE(chatttown29 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826445393[/snapback]is it true that he is transferring to another school and if so why? i highly doubt he is going anywhere but i would if i were him

Why? It doesn't make sense. I am close to the Grace program and I know for a fact they are planning on opening their offense up wide this year. Their offensive coordinator told me they wanted to throw the ball 35-40 times a game (ala Temple). IMO, The reason they have been about 50/50 the past year or so is b/c they had a young quarterback who a lot of times ran the ball unnecessarily. He would not allow the routes to develop and take off. Again, that is just an inexperienced QB who has great legs. Most of the time his protection was pretty good. Also, he has a tendency to not trust his receivers and just didn't throw the ball. If you were at the playoff game at Friendship you saw that in action. Many times he had receivers open and just chose to run.

The biggest reason why it would be a bad choice is that Gordon Lee doesn't pass. There may be someone down there telling him otherwise, but it's just blowing smoke. They run the double wing option. Of course they would love to have him. He's a great runner. In the double wing you throw the ball to catch the defense off guard, not as a staple of the offense. It would be crazy for him to transfer.

If his family is really considering this they need to be up front with Grace about it. QB is the most important position on the field and Grace's coaches have bent over backwards to put in an offense that suits Josh's abilities. If he isn't going to be there they need to know that so they can adjust their offense to suit his backup. It's not fair to the team who has been loyal to him. I hope all this is just rumor though. I believe it would be a very bad decision to move him.

QUOTE(goeagle @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:25 AM) 826445846[/snapback]Why? It doesn't make sense. I am close to the Grace program and I know for a fact they are planning on opening their offense up wide this year. Their offensive coordinator told me they wanted to throw the ball 35-40 times a game (ala Temple). IMO, The reason they have been about 50/50 the past year or so is b/c they had a young quarterback who a lot of times ran the ball unnecessarily. He would not allow the routes to develop and take off. Again, that is just an inexperienced QB who has great legs. Most of the time his protection was pretty good. Also, he has a tendency to not trust his receivers and just didn't throw the ball. If you were at the playoff game at Friendship you saw that in action. Many times he had receivers open and just chose to run.

The biggest reason why it would be a bad choice is that Gordon Lee doesn't pass. There may be someone down there telling him otherwise, but it's just blowing smoke. They run the double wing option. Of course they would love to have him. He's a great runner. In the double wing you throw the ball to catch the defense off guard, not as a staple of the offense. It would be crazy for him to transfer.

If his family is really considering this they need to be up front with Grace about it. QB is the most important position on the field and Grace's coaches have bent over backwards to put in an offense that suits Josh's abilities. If he isn't going to be there they need to know that so they can adjust their offense to suit his backup. It's not fair to the team who has been loyal to him. I hope all this is just rumor though. I believe it would be a very bad decision to move him.

After reading this post I really regret commenting on this topic.I know Josh very well and I am very good friends with his father who I repect a great deal.There is nothing good about this post .I regret commenting and would not want Josh to loose confidence in reading this post.Also, as a parent from Gordon LEE I would love to have Josh transfer and have wanted him to since he was in the 7th grade.I along with many others who know football and have known Josh have seen the talent , potential and poise he posseses.