Station Camp at Livingston

expo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(expo @ Apr 27 2007 - 05:13 PM) 826447081[/snapback]This will be a heated game. It always is when they play. Any predictions?

Station Camp 1, Livingston 1

This is just off the top of my head, but the two teams are always about dead even anyway.

I think a better prediction would be to guess how many cards will be issued.

QUOTE(soccerfreak98765 @ Apr 29 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826447821[/snapback]does any body have the score?

Yes station camp 1 livingston 0. station camp got a pk with like 5 mins left. The call was ridiculous. It was a shame to see a good game end like that. With both teams having starters out, it was a pretty good game. I look forward to seein la and station camp play again in the tournament.

QUOTE(soccerfreak98765 @ Apr 29 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826447955[/snapback]in your opinion EXPO:

who had more possession?

did SC play well?

and what was the 'ridiculous' call which gave SC a PK?

First half livingston had more possession then it was probably 40 to 60 station camp havin more possession. I expected more out of them then they showed, but it may have been they didnt have all starters like livingston. The pk call was foul in the box and the blonde haired kid flopped to make it look bad and the ref called it. Livingston had to wide open chances but missed. The game should have ended in a tie.

QUOTE(expo @ Apr 29 2007 - 06:31 PM) 826447970[/snapback]First half livingston had more possession then it was probably 40 to 60 station camp havin more possession. I expected more out of them then they showed, but it may have been they didnt have all starters like livingston. The pk call was foul in the box and the blonde haired kid flopped to make it look bad and the ref called it. Livingston had to wide open chances but missed. The game should have ended in a tie.

I believe the blonde-haired kid that you are referring to is named Eric Unger, and he is NOTORIOUS for that classless stunt. I remember pulling the referee aside during the tournament last year and pleading with him to please pay attention to the diving. If you happen to face them again, Livingston, that's my advice to your captains. Notify them before kick-off that diving may be an issue. Otherwise, the refs will not pay attention. (The refs last year had no problem with my request.)

I'm not a big fan of singling out players for any reason, but diving is the most unsportsmanlike thing you can do on the field, and when I see the same player doing it again and again and again, it gets beyond irritating, to say the least.

QUOTE(soccerfreak98765 @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:12 AM) 826448288[/snapback]I agree Unger can make some foul look more than they appear but that is only because he can make player stab and foul him.

But that is a horrible way to recognize a player.

Unger is a very talented player, who could be recognized for his skill rather than diving if he would only stay on his feet.

I apologize for it. I only say this because I have played against Station Camp several times and watched film on them and I've seen him dive plenty of times when there are no players around him. I might let one flop slide but when a player consistently does it...

However, that was wrong of me, and I shouldn't have said anything.... I just hate to see any team fall victim to the dive.

I dont really blame Unger for diving. I mean think about.... if a livingston player is stupid enough to hit an attacking player in the box with only minutes to go then they deserve to get the a call called on them. Unger was smart enough to take advantage of the defender's stupidity, thus winning them the game. I know i would of done the same thing as he did. Anyone would!

I dont really blame Unger for diving. I mean think about.... if a livingston player is stupid enough to hit an attacking player in the box with only minutes to go then they deserve to get the a call called on them. Unger was smart enough to take advantage of the defender's stupidity, thus winning them the game. I know i would of done the same thing as he did. Anyone would!

QUOTE(4soccerplaya10 @ May 1 2007 - 10:03 AM) 826449016[/snapback]I dont really blame Unger for diving. I mean think about.... if a livingston player is stupid enough to hit an attacking player in the box with only minutes to go then they deserve to get the a call called on them. Unger was smart enough to take advantage of the defender's stupidity, thus winning them the game. I know i would of done the same thing as he did. Anyone would!

lol, apparently third time's the charm with this message... Your remark that anyone would dive is not true. I never ever dove due to the fact that I had a coach who would have run me for hours if I pulled such a stunt. I really cannot explain how much distaste I hold for diving. It. Is. Cheating. If the Livingston player truly fouls you in the box, why do you NEED to dive?

Diving eliminates the integrity of the sport; there really is no way to argue against that point. But perhaps integrity and winning honestly doesn't matter as much to me as it does to other people... oh well...

And, on a side note, I am not trying to bash the Station Camp program. They are a superb group of soccer players and a class act.... It's just that diving really gets under my skin...