winning

ninjaman

on here, i see all the time statemente like "it wasn't really a 5-0 game" or "So and so really outplayed whosoever but still lost by 2 just because of a few unlucky plays". or "if that ball that hit the post just squeezed in it would have been a different game"

stink it up, you lost 5-0

stink it up, you lost even though you had possession (which makes you look even worse)

stink it up, the ball didnt go in

I am just so tired of people putting emphasis on things that don't really matter.

To win a soccer game what do you have to do?

the ball has to go in the back of the net of your opposing team's goal more than it goes into your team's goal.

that is it, the team that does that is the better team for those 90 minutes. No matter if they only touched the ball 3 times in the whole entirety of the game, they are the better team because they did what they were supposed to do and the other team pitty-farted around trying to be pretty.

I do not see where possession gets a team anywhere when it comes down to it. Or even shots on goal, it goes down to scoring, people need to stop thinking about what 'could've been' and start thinking about how they can get the ball into the back of the net so that that 'could've been' turns into a 'it was"

all this talk about it we outplayed a team, and had the ball in their half and around their 18 for most of the second half but the ball just wouldnt go in is a bunch of hooey. Take this recent Farragut/Oak Ridge game, i thought Farragut was going to win before the game however, i was surprised to learn that Farragut loss 5-2, a pretty bad beating. Then i read how Farragut outplayed Oak Ridge and all this other stuff (id have to write it down or something). How do you think you 'outplayed' them? you lost therefore you got outplayed simple as that.

Then Bearden just demolished South Doyle 6-0, then you see that "it wasnt really a 6-0 game" well, if Bearden scored 6 goals and South Doyle scored 0, then it was indeed a 6-0 game.

It seems that people are forgetting what aspect of the game really makes a team better (scoring). It seems that people think that passing makes a team better and that way of thinking is not only wrong but misleading and dangerous.

QUOTE(ninjaman @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826447225[/snapback]on here, i see all the time statemente like "it wasn't really a 5-0 game" or "So and so really outplayed whosoever but still lost by 2 just because of a few unlucky plays". or "if that ball that hit the post just squeezed in it would have been a different game"

stink it up, you lost even though you had possession (which makes you look even worse)

I am just so tired of people putting emphasis on things that don't really matter.

the ball has to go in the back of the net of your opposing team's goal more than it goes into your team's goal.

that is it, the team that does that is the better team for those 90 minutes. No matter if they only touched the ball 3 times in the whole entirety of the game, they are the better team because they did what they were supposed to do and the other team pitty-farted around trying to be pretty.

I do not see where possession gets a team anywhere when it comes down to it. Or even shots on goal, it goes down to scoring, people need to stop thinking about what 'could've been' and start thinking about how they can get the ball into the back of the net so that that 'could've been' turns into a 'it was"

all this talk about it we outplayed a team, and had the ball in their half and around their 18 for most of the second half but the ball just wouldnt go in is a bunch of hooey. Take this recent Farragut/Oak Ridge game, i thought Farragut was going to win before the game however, i was surprised to learn that Farragut loss 5-2, a pretty bad beating. Then i read how Farragut outplayed Oak Ridge and all this other stuff (id have to write it down or something). How do you think you 'outplayed' them? you lost therefore you got outplayed simple as that.

Then Bearden just demolished South Doyle 6-0, then you see that "it wasnt really a 6-0 game" well, if Bearden scored 6 goals and South Doyle scored 0, then it was indeed a 6-0 game.

It seems that people are forgetting what aspect of the game really makes a team better (scoring). It seems that people think that passing makes a team better and that way of thinking is not only wrong but misleading and dangerous.

shut it.....stupid thread. there are factors, and you can't just totally dismiss them. otherwise this whole site would be another prepextra, only reporting the final score and that's that.

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:27 PM) 826447230[/snapback]shut it.....stupid thread. there are factors, and you can't just totally dismiss them. otherwise this whole site would be another prepextra, only reporting the final score and that's that.

Ouch! R.U.R That one must have been close to home. You have not been posting with remarks like that have you?

QUOTE(kingoftheblurbs @ Apr 28 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826447472[/snapback]Ouch! R.U.R That one must have been close to home. You have not been posting with remarks like that have you?

i just totally disagree...that's all, and he was obviously referring to my post on the bearden game...so i thought i would respond

QUOTE(ninjaman @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826447225[/snapback]on here, i see all the time statemente like "it wasn't really a 5-0 game" or "So and so really outplayed whosoever but still lost by 2 just because of a few unlucky plays". or "if that ball that hit the post just squeezed in it would have been a different game"

My guesstimate is that you are a spectator, not a player or previous player. There is some value to what you share, however you have perhaps never outplayed, out scored, out ran, or dominated a team but lost due to poor officiating (goals called back, mystery calls in the box). Specifically I can recall a game in which 4 goals were called back on one side and the team that won had zero shots on goal but won 2-0 on two flagrant dives in the box.

Although I hear you about the "whine" factor, don't consider your opinion "absolute".

i agree w/ both yes there are times you do dominate yet dont win b/c luck or call or whatever... the wind even. but he's right tho winning is winning is winning... it doesnt matter if you can keep posetion 100% of the game if you cant put it in the goal. Yea ref. make some bad calls but thats still part of the game. you'll never hear a true player complain about the ref.s or the conditions he overcomes them an in hence wins. they dont keep good passes or tackles in the stats nor is it posted in the paper but the score is and thats what matters. respect the game but playing it the best you can no matter the conditons and respect it by winning thats all there is to it