Stone Memorial

pantherdad

QUOTE(attababy15 @ May 7 2007 - 07:10 PM) 826453775[/snapback]okay, to start off with, kingston is almost always counted out in every other topic i read. Second, Their starting pitcher tore her quad at the start of the season(it was actually the athens pre-season tourney), and still to this day, probably, can't throw as hard on it because of it. Third, their catcher suffered an extremely terrible knee injury about a third of the way into the season, and still went to teach a freshman HOW to catch. That freshman hasn't ever caught anything over 5mph before catching for their pitcher(who, if i recall) throws at least 10 times faster..... they have came through a lot and are happy to be there, but they are tired of being overlooked. Good luck to every team!!!

We've been through this injury thing almost a million times...stones senior catcher was injured and didnt even get to begin the season, the freshman that replaced her has ankle problems, the senior center field/leadoff batter broke her leg three district games into the season, and there have been other minor injuries that affected players temporarily and some still today. every team suffers from things like that unfortunately. that shouldnt be a factor to how the teams play now. stop making excuses and just play the game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pantherdad @ May 10 2007 - 06:59 AM) 826456248[/snapback]Stone Memorial won a hard fought game last night winning in extra innings 1-0 over CAK. Stone advances to the championship game against the winner of Kingston vs CAK thursday night. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Stone has had two very tough battles, they have really been tested and so far their defense has held up to the challenge they are a good team, the most amazing thing is that they have scored 2 runs in the tournament and are in the championship that really says alot about their defense and pitching they have been in some rough spots in both games with runners on 2nd and 3rd one out and got out of it everytime that says alot about the teams character

Stone went out this year looking for the toughest competition they could find, Soddy, Riverdale, etc,. We hope it has hardened the team to hold in tough situations. Stone can expect a tough championship game or games. We are just glad to get to the final without other games in our very tough district. It will be a great game between CAK and Kingston. I hope they go 15 innings /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(riseball @ May 10 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826456843[/snapback]Stone pitching has only allowed 6 runs all season in district and in the tournament (13 games), Kingston must not get behind to win, 2 runs and its over /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I kind of agree with you on this. But i think a deciding factor in the game is going to be which team hits the ball when it was needed the most, and who ever commits the fewest errors. Both teams have very good pitchers. Lauren is probably one of the best at hitting her locations that i have seen in a while.

SO... ill probably get in trouble for this but...

i just want to wish all players in the game tonight luck... we're all gonna need it..

kingston and stone woke up this morning and put on their clothes the same way ... were gonna go to school be students first and today at 5:30 we get to be the lucky set of teens because we get to play softball... all players are gonna give their all on every pitch every play every swing ... tonight the game might go 12 innings... no one is giving up both teams are gonna have to earn everything they get...

SEE YOU OUT THERE!!!

-8-