6AA district tourney

thechosen1

QUOTE(BooBoo5 @ May 8 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826454376[/snapback]So wats the prediction on CCS vs. Sam Eberle?...CCS is playin pretty good baseball right now.

No idea the winner.

It's an interesting matchup. CCS finished fourth in the city division and lost both games to ND last week, though it appears they smartly kept their best pitchers for the tournament. They have played four games since Wednesday. ND went 6 days between games and it showed last night.

Both should have good pitchers left. I assume Blevins will the get the nod for CCS.

No idea who will pitch for ND, though I'm pretty sure it won't be Holloway.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Indian @ May 8 2007 - 10:34 AM) 826454395[/snapback]He"s really good but Notre Dame is not a one-player team.

I would tend to agree. Their strength so far has been that everyone contributes on differnent days . Pitching has been solid from several guys and the bottom of the order has contributed as much as the so-called heart of the lineup in many games.

Of course, they all have their braindead moments as well.

Still, I've never seen anyone hit the ball as hard as the Legend does.

Nptre Dame catcher is Tyler Cooper. he has signed to play next year at Chattanooga. (Since UTC does not have baseball - Chatt St shall now be known as Chattanooga. Sorry I digress) Tyler maybe POY in district 6AA. No offense to anyone but he is the best catcher in the district and a very good hitter.

On another topic - what's happened to Hixson? Back to back losing seasons. To bad the team is not as good as the field they play on. Sad to see such hard work by those parents and boosters go to waste.

QUOTE(catsbackr @ May 8 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826454460[/snapback]The LEGEND! Ya'll slay me.

East Ridge pitched to Sam, he had a couple of hits. I think the catcher, don't know his name, is as much of a stud as Sam is. He hit one against East Ridge last night that went about 400 feet.

Sam has been known as The Legend for years, since his Dupont days. Thought everyone knew that.

You do Cooper a slight disservice - he is the best catcher in the area, not just in 6AA and should be a legitimate candidate for POY in all districts.

He's had a another very good year.

QUOTE(Rabble Rouser @ May 8 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826454553[/snapback]Sam has been known as The Legend for years, since his Dupont days. Thought everyone knew that.

You do Cooper a slight disservice - he is the best catcher in the area, not just in 6AA and should be a legitimate candidate for POY in all districts.

He's had a another very good year.

You are correct RR - Cooper is the best in the area. I was just talking about the district.

Good luck to the Irish!

It's true. ND's Sam Eberle did not hit any homers last night. It's hard to hit 'em out when you get nothing to hit. It's a common problem legends face. The same thing is happening to Barry Bonds.

Although most of the locals have been pitching around Sam (not a bad strategy), that likely won't happen in the state tournament...when it matters.

And there isn't a ballpark in the state that will hold him.

QUOTE(volsbbfan @ May 9 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826455255[/snapback]Marion beats East Ridge and the Irish beat CCS. Does anybody know who pitched for the Irish or CCS. The scores I think were 9-6 Marion and 9-8 Irish.

Ervin pirched for ND. Pitched very well for six innings. Blevins pitched for for CCS.

Daniel Lee and Aplin pitched for ER. Don't know any of the Marion pitchers.

Re: above post. Doc at Oolt is good. Cooper is the best around, and showed it again last night going 4-4 with 5 RBI, including the game winner and a home run. There are some good backstoppers around. The kid at Grundy is also very good.