Red Bank-Baylor

Chattcity

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see what RB officials and adminiostrators are made of. Their response will set the tone for future conduct.

Also, the Mexican flag has no business flying............

To both this quote and others on this strand, I say, "back off and stop jumping to conclusions." You don't know what actions the Red Bank coach has taken, or will take in the future. This strand sounds like so many of our media shows with speculative 'talking heads' trying to stir up controversy. At least have the class to wait until actions are taken, or time has passed without any actions being taken, before you offer your inferences. Lastly, the Mexican flag remarks are exaggerated and out of line.

I have got to weigh in on CSAS Soccer's comments. Espino has made it his business to fly the mexican flag at previous Red Bank soccer games. Last year against Soddy Daisy I saw him take a mexican flag on to the field to begin the game. He wrapped it around himself, took it to the goal, and hung it in the netting behind him.

Where does the discipline come from at Red Bank? Does the principal even know this is happening?

QUOTE(cincyred @ May 7 2007 - 09:28 AM) 826453364[/snapback]I have got to weigh in on CSAS Soccer's comments. Espino has made it his business to fly the mexican flag at previous Red Bank soccer games. Last year against Soddy Daisy I saw him take a mexican flag on to the field to begin the game. He wrapped it around himself, took it to the goal, and hung it in the netting behind him.

Where does the discipline come from at Red Bank? Does the principal even know this is happening?

I totally agree with your comments and unless you were there CSAS soccer you can't really understand what is being talked about here. Cincyred you make a good comment about the Red Bank principle...maybe ther principle should be written to see if they know about what is going on. Most all schools (public and private) have someone from administration there.

I totally agree with your comments and unless you were there CSAS soccer you can't really understand what is being talked about here. Cincyred you make a good comment about the Red Bank principle...maybe ther principle should be written to see if they know about what is going on. Most all schools (public and private) have someone from administration there.

I wasn't at the match, but I still think you should wait and see what actions are taken. If Red Bank wins their first district tournament game, then we will all know if Espino is to be allowed to play. As to the flag, I don't think a player should be allowed to hang a flag in the goal netting, Mexican flag or otherwise. After our game with Red Bank, my son told me that Espino had hung a flag in the netting and moved it to the other net after halftime. It really didn't bother me, but I am a stickler for the rules regarding the playing field. In short, players should not be allowed to hang things on the goal. I made the previous comment about the flag based on the post that read as if "Mexican flags" were not to be displayed. I have no issue with players showing pride in their ethnicity. I would like to know if a game administrator was present and what actions were taken by the administrator after the incident and regarding the ball boy. Lastly, if Espino were one of my players and had kneed a downed player and used vulgar language towards a ref, I would remove him from the team. I do feel, however, that we should give Coach Knox time to sort this out.

QUOTE(CSAS Soccer @ May 7 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826453468[/snapback]I wasn't at the match, but I still think you should wait and see what actions are taken. If Red Bank wins their first district tournament game, then we will all know if Espino is to be allowed to play. As to the flag, I don't think a player should be allowed to hang a flag in the goal netting, Mexican flag or otherwise. After our game with Red Bank, my son told me that Espino had hung a flag in the netting and moved it to the other net after halftime. It really didn't bother me, but I am a stickler for the rules regarding the playing field. In short, players should not be allowed to hang things on the goal. I made the previous comment about the flag based on the post that read as if "Mexican flags" were not to be displayed. I have no issue with players showing pride in their ethnicity. I would like to know if a game administrator was present and what actions were taken by the administrator after the incident and regarding the ball boy. Lastly, if Espino were one of my players and had kneed a downed player and used vulgar language towards a ref, I would remove him from the team. I do feel, however, that we should give Coach Knox time to sort this out.

It was the worst thing that I have witnessed at a high school soccer game. Yes, there should not be a rush to judgement about how Red Bank will handle this but it should be talked about. Too many times things are just left to go away and nothing ever happens. I really don't see any discussion going on here that is not healthy discussion...and needed. It did bother me that first not one person from Red Bank said anything to the ballboy while he was screaming at fans, parents, etc. The ref was smart and did tell the ballboy to just shutup though. And the ending of the game....well, that is in a league of its own. Very scary behavior for sure. People do need to take a stand on issues and I wish that the Red Bank officals if there were any there would have stepped in. Last year at an East Ridge soccer game I remember several students getting alittle rowdy (nothing like Red Bank) and the ERHS Asst Principle stepped in and threw the offending students out. That left a good impression of how that school stepped in and took care of a potential problem.

It was the worst thing that I have witnessed at a high school soccer game.... It did bother me that first not one person from Red Bank said anything to the ballboy while he was screaming at fans, parents, etc. I wish that the Red Bank officals if there were any there would have stepped in.

Does anyone know if either the referees or Baylor has reported this to TSSAA? The refs would have had to make a report for the red card and this should also bring the matter to the attention of Red Bank's administrators.

QUOTE(CSAS Soccer @ May 7 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826453487[/snapback]Does anyone know if either the referees or Baylor has reported this to TSSAA? The refs would have had to make a report for the red card and this should also bring the matter to the attention of Red Bank's administrators.

That is a good point. Maybe we can find out because you are right the ref would have to fill out a report.

Does the Red Bank coach just lack teaching discipline? Or is so caught up on winning that would try to hurry and schedule a game before the tournament? The coach should not allow any of this kind of behavior (yelling at refs, bad ball boys, and the hanging of flags behind a net) it is not how soccer should be.....

QUOTE(noonesfool @ May 7 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826453647[/snapback]All TSSAA officials are required in every sport to report that very day the incident or infraction to the TSSAA. If the schedule was full there is no way you can add a game legally. (not familiar with schedule)

There is a rule that prevents scheduling a game just to avoid a suspension anyway. Per TSSAA, the suspension is to be served in the next scheduled game. This is shy you are supposed to register your schedule with TSSAA at the beginning of a season. If a game is added just before a suspension game for a player, he can play that game, but must sit out the next game on the original schedule. I assume the first district game would be considered a "scheduled" game.