Knoxville Area District Tournament Predictions

knoxsoftball

3A District 4

1)Farragut

2)Herritage

3)Marryville

Farragut has proven they can beat anyone in the state and should take the district with Herritage close behind. Marryville could pull the upset over either team if overlooked.

3A District 3

1)Central

2)Powell

3)Karns

4)Halls

Central looking strong with Candice and should go back to state as long as the offence can score. Hard week for Powell before districts off the field but on the field beat West to tie for district champs with Central and beat a good Gibbs team. Karns can win it all if they get hot with Halls close behind. Great district tournament setting up.

2A District 3

1)Gibbs

2)Seymore

Gibbs and Seymore only two teams in this district that are strong this year. The other teams are very young.

2A District 4

1)CAK

2)Kingston

3)Loudon

Another close district tournament with any of the three teams moving on but CAK and Kingston having the edge.

QUOTE(buc1973 @ May 5 2007 - 04:27 PM) 826452482[/snapback]I don't know much about the rest but do you realize district 2 4A regular season champs were Stone Memorial, and it's my understanding they have bye that lands them in the region tourney already.

tournament seeding from regular season:

1. Stone Memorial

2. CAK

3. Loudon

4. Kingston

5. Anderson County

6. Catholic

two teams move on to region, there are no automatic bye's into region.

Stone and CAK have a bye from the single elimination round, and move into double elim. round of district tourney.

QUOTE(knoxsoftball @ May 5 2007 - 06:58 AM) 826452294[/snapback]3A District 4

1)Farragut

2)Herritage

3)Marryville

Farragut has proven they can beat anyone in the state and should take the district with Herritage close behind. Marryville could pull the upset over either team if overlooked.

3A District 3

1)Central

2)Powell

3)Karns

4)Halls

Central looking strong with Candice and should go back to state as long as the offence can score. Hard week for Powell before districts off the field but on the field beat West to tie for district champs with Central and beat a good Gibbs team. Karns can win it all if they get hot with Halls close behind. Great district tournament setting up.

2A District 3

1)Gibbs

2)Seymore

Gibbs and Seymore only two teams in this district that are strong this year. The other teams are very young.

2A District 4

1)CAK

2)Kingston

3)Loudon

Another close district tournament with any of the three teams moving on but CAK and Kingston having the edge.

Who won the regular season in AAA -region 3 and AAA- region 4 ?

QUOTE(knoxsoftball @ May 5 2007 - 07:58 AM) 826452294[/snapback]2A District 4

1)CAK

2)Kingston

3)Loudon

kingston did amazing even with their catcher out for several games. CAK is going to be a pretty tough team to beat, but i can see them being beat. Loudon will really have to bring it to even face either one of these teams..... but good luck to all the girls!

I believe the AAA Region for Knoxville is set. It should be

#1 District 4 Maryville vs. #2 District 3 Central

#1 District 3 Powell vs. #2 District 4 Heritage

I missed the Maryville prediction...I should have known better....Hawkins may be the best big game coach in the Knoxville area.

However, I believe District 3 will prove to be too much for District 4 this year.....Powell AND Central advance to substate!

AA should finish tonight, as long as the rain holds off. Right now -

Gibbs vs Seymour

Stone vs Kingston

Seymour played Gibbs to a 1-0 loss in 9 innings in the winners bracket championship. Kingston lost 1-0 in 7 on an unearned run in the same winners bracket game (I think!)

Tonight - Seymour and Kingston has a hard row to hoe...you don't often (maybe never) beat teams of Gibbs and Stone's caliber in back to back games. However, I like the underdog's chances in a one game Region elimination game. Stone and Gibbs may be the favorite's but the pitching for all teams is very good....that make for a very interesting and possibly upsetting Region Tournament.