7AAA District Tourney

fudge

From the first pitch tonight, it was CLEAR that Oakland had REVENGE on their minds against Cookeville. No way, no how we were going down tonight. You could see it in every single player's eyes. UNITED against the enemy. I admit it......I have worried about this game all day long. I had a really sick feeling in my gut. But the Boys in Red, White, and Blue relieved all my worries so I could relax and drink in the atmosphere. I should have known they wouldn't let me down. Determination was written on every single face. Great atmosphere, great crowd, great food......man oh man....we are #1 in the NATION, babyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! I am telling you Tennyson Dodd is something else......and so is MR BRETT WILSON. Dang.....that kid can PITCH! I kept hearing it over and over that this kid is the real deal......and HE IS. Congrats guys......one more step taken on your quest. Now, let's concentrate on the next one. (You KNOW CoachT will be in attendance too.) The leadership of this group of seniors is indescribable. You could see them setting an example and setting the stage. The GLORY days of Oakland return.

Best of luck to Cookeville in their quest. I really like your program , and you have made Cookeville proud in so many ways. Keep the fires burning.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 10 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826456808[/snapback]From the first pitch tonight, it was CLEAR that Oakland had REVENGE on their minds against Cookeville. No way, no how we were going down tonight. You could see it in every single player's eyes. UNITED against the enemy. I admit it......I have worried about this game all day long. I had a really sick feeling in my gut. But the Boys in Red, White, and Blue relieved all my worries so I could relax and drink in the atmosphere. I should have known they wouldn't let me down. Determination was written on every single face. Great atmosphere, great crowd, great food......man oh man....we are #1 in the NATION, babyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! I am telling you Tennyson Dodd is something else......and so is MR BRETT WILSON. Dang.....that kid can PITCH! I kept hearing it over and over that this kid is the real deal......and HE IS. Congrats guys......one more step taken on your quest. Now, let's concentrate on the next one. (You KNOW CoachT will be in attendance too.) The leadership of this group of seniors is indescribable. You could see them setting an example and setting the stage. The GLORY days of Oakland return.

Best of luck to Cookeville in their quest. I really like your program , and you have made Cookeville proud in so many ways. Keep the fires burning.

p'less, tonight was a combination of Wilson throwing gas - that may the best I have seen him pitch - Oakland folks who have seen him a lot more often than I have may not agree, but he was throwing pretty darn good tonight. The combination? Cookeville playing their 6th game in 5 days of a 'West Coast' road trip. They looked like a team that was playing game 162 on Sunday after clinching their division in game 161 the night before after playing 3 in San Francisco and then

3 in San Diego..... For 7AAA's sake, would be nice to see a Cookeville vs Oakland rematch again next Wednesday (Lawrence Co and Coffee Co may have

something to say about that?) - with a fresher Cookeville.... agreed?????

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 10 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826456859[/snapback]p'less, tonight was a combination of Wilson throwing gas - that may the best I have seen him pitch - Oakland folks who have seen him a lot more often than I have may not agree, but he was throwing pretty darn good tonight. The combination? Cookeville playing their 6th game in 5 days of a 'West Coast' road trip. They looked like a team that was playing game 162 on Sunday after clinching their division in game 161 the night before after playing 3 in San Francisco and then

3 in San Diego..... For 7AAA's sake, would be nice to see a Cookeville vs Oakland rematch again next Wednesday (Lawrence Co and Coffee Co may have

David, do you have any names of the All-District team?

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 10 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826456859[/snapback]p'less, tonight was a combination of Wilson throwing gas - that may the best I have seen him pitch - Oakland folks who have seen him a lot more often than I have may not agree, but he was throwing pretty darn good tonight. The combination? Cookeville playing their 6th game in 5 days of a 'West Coast' road trip. They looked like a team that was playing game 162 on Sunday after clinching their division in game 161 the night before after playing 3 in San Francisco and then

No, I don't agree. I want a road weary Cookeville again myself.... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I know what you are saying....it was sort of like in the state bball tourney after Oakland was in the 3rd OT against Clarksville. It showed in Clarksville's game against Maryville. They were worn out emotionally and physically before they stepped on the floor that night. Cookeville was the same tonight after the back to back games against RHS. But......Oakland has played a LOT of games in a row....like after the Warrior Classic and the Knoxville Tourney and they still won those.

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 10 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826456869[/snapback]No, I don't agree. I want a road weary Cookeville again myself.... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I know what you are saying....it was sort of like in the state bball tourney after Oakland was in the 3rd OT against Clarksville. It showed in Clarksville's game against Maryville. They were worn out emotionally and physically before they stepped on the floor that night. Cookeville was the same tonight after the back to back games against RHS. But......Oakland has played a LOT of games in a row....like after the Warrior Classic and the Knoxville Tourney and they still won those.

Congrats to Oakland from White County.........

QUOTE(fudge @ May 10 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826456865[/snapback]David, do you have any names of the All-District team?

Yes and no.

Yes, I have them.

No, I can't release them until the local media releases it.......

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 10 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826456869[/snapback]No, I don't agree. I want a road weary Cookeville again myself.... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

But they weren't facing a left-hander throwing in the mid-80s after driving up and down I-40 on a school bus for 5 straight days and nights - LOL!!!!