16/u west substate

QUOTE(coachbkp @ May 8 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826454344[/snapback]could not have been the tennessee yomca tigers because they where in dallas that weekend i am waiting to find this out also. nobody seems to know who played in this sub-state

Hey BigY you are the man out west with the info!! Do you know who won or atleast who played? Or has it even been played yet??

I heard the TN YOMCA Tigers got a bye straight to nationals because they were in out of town events the weekends of substate. So I dont see them playing out west!!

QUOTE(bigyomca @ May 9 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826455254[/snapback]All of our teams were in Dallas for the Next Level.

I think the west sub-state was cancelled and the 3 sub-state format will be used. The YOMCA TN. Tigers and our 16's both have automatic bids for the nationals.

i wonder how they are going to do the state tournament now. because there was only 2 sub-states in 16under will they just take the top 4 teams from east and middle...

That is so weird. Wow... Well if anyone finds out a definite answer on any of this, please post it here. Also, what happened to the rule that a team with an automatic bid still had to play in a substate event to be able to use the automatic bid for nationals? Did they change the rules? I wouldn't mind the rule change, just wondering. There have been numerous years that we thought about not wanting to go through the substate route do to other tourneys, but were told by the AAU office we still had to in order to use the Auto bid... Interesting stuff /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(gomab2 @ May 9 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826455374[/snapback]That is so weird. Wow... Well if anyone finds out a definite answer on any of this, please post it here. Also, what happened to the rule that a team with an automatic bid still had to play in a substate event to be able to use the automatic bid for nationals? Did they change the rules? I wouldn't mind the rule change, just wondering. There have been numerous years that we thought about not wanting to go through the substate route do to other tourneys, but were told by the AAU office we still had to in order to use the Auto bid... Interesting stuff /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i know if you have an automatic bid you can appeal to the aau office to skip sub-state and state if you have some other tournaments that are more inportant

QUOTE(coachbkp @ May 9 2007 - 11:02 AM) 826455399[/snapback]i know if you have an automatic bid you can appeal to the aau office to skip sub-state and state if you have some other tournaments that are more inportant

Oh ok...cool. Makes sense...

Well, I'm still interested to hear about 16u State format

My bad. We actually had 4 teams register, but only 3 played in the west. A YOMCA team and Idlewild advanced.

For years a team/coach has been able to pettition to the chairman about using an automatic bid and not playing in sub-state and still having his team go to the nationals.