Region 2 District 4

BigG

QUOTE(mrh11 @ May 8 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826454862[/snapback]Great I'll be there probably, I better see you there hoya...

Good. Try to call some of your old teammates and get them to the match. It would be fun to see you all again.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G, you really are a great coach and you run a class program, but the rest of us really don't hold a candle to you and Catholic. Stone got "dismantled" by Catholic yesterday and you smoked a Kingston Team that had dropped only 3 or four games all year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> It's really nice of you to paint a rosy picture, but realistically if we ever get an upset against you it will be an exception, and not the rule. Still I guess it is a honor to live in the district that regularly is home to the state champions. You even mention earlier this season about going to Florida to "train" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .....don't be offended by my thought that that is hilarious......it is just most of us don't have the ability to put that trip into action, much less the funds to make it happen. I don't begrudge you your prosperity, you by all accounts are a great person and a fine coach, but a lot of us don't have the same tools to work with. Good luck with the Irish, they were quite "focused" the other day, scoring their fifth goal against Oneida in stoppage time. Play it to the end...right! I wish you well and hope you push to the end of the road.

Kaz

QUOTE(kazam37 @ May 9 2007 - 08:20 AM) 826455290[/snapback]G, you really are a great coach and you run a class program, but the rest of us really don't hold a candle to you and Catholic. Stone got "dismantled" by Catholic yesterday and you smoked a Kingston Team that had dropped only 3 or four games all year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> It's really nice of you to paint a rosy picture, but realistically if we ever get an upset against you it will be an exception, and not the rule. Still I guess it is a honor to live in the district that regularly is home to the state champions. You even mention earlier this season about going to Florida to "train" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .....don't be offended by my thought that that is hilarious......it is just most of us don't have the ability to put that trip into action, much less the funds to make it happen. I don't begrudge you your prosperity, you by all accounts are a great person and a fine coach, but a lot of us don't have the same tools to work with. Good luck with the Irish, they were quite "focused" the other day, scoring their fifth goal against Oneida in stoppage time. Play it to the end...right! I wish you well and hope you push to the end of the road.

Kaz

Kaz,

I am not offended in the least. I know you and where your heart is. The score of the Kingston game doesn't really reflect the flow. Kingston gave us a good match with out their district leading scorer, and when they pressed up high, left themselves a bit vulnerable in the back. They always give me indigestion when we play (just like Gibbs did back in the day)

As far as training in Florida, Lenoir City actually trained at the same place that we did this year. They raised the money through boosters and fund raisers. Yes, we are fortunate to have players who mostly have the money to do this without fund raisers, but teams can do this if they put their minds to it.

Most private schools in A/AA have the benefit of having many club players on their squads, with a fairly strong feeder program from their middle schools. So, there is a certain truth about the "tools" that we have to work with. This doesn't mean that we walk around like no one has a chance... because I firmly believe that they do. Alcoa has really done a fantastic job, and in years past, Loudon and Seymour and Kingston have given us a run for our money. As soon as we walk around thinking that we "rule the roost", then we lose everything we have worked on becoming over the past 5 years. My main concern is not winning. My main concern is showing class in everything (winning, losing, and ties or on and off the field). We don't always do that (shoot, I don't always model this either... the Webb and West games weren't high on my most valuable moments as a coach) but we try.

I do think Stone Memorial will be a great team (they already have a very good basketball and softball program). They were a very young team with great potential. I think our district will become harder and harder to compete in over the next few years. I don't know if we will be in it that long, though. I have a feeling that privates will be "asked" to go to division 2. Just a feeling.

I guess my heart is stuck out here in this "isolated" community up North. M. Swain for years had a youth club (Chaos) that competed very well in the East Tennessee area and he basically funded the team himself. They played often and well because he got them the opportunity to play year round AND they were commited to the sport. It shouldn't be a big surprise that commitment is harder to come by now. You have a good situation because of CAK's location and commitment to each individual sport. Here, all the sports are treated differently....depending on where they are on the totem pole. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Again, I don't have a grudge against you or the institution you represent......schools are academically responsable for the childs intellectual well-being and should enhance their cultural upbringing by allowing athletic opportunities for it's individuals. CAK and Oneida are both schools in this pursuit, so in my eyes, we essentially are trying to accomplish the same results. I guess our isolation really works against us. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Kaz